Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Zero Waste AuditorApply Facilities Management Services Los Angeles, California
Capitalizing on over 140 years of history and tradition in downtown Los Angeles, the University of Southern California (USC) has embarked on an unprecedented period of expansion. USC is now poised to take its place as the preeminent research institution of the 21st century and we are looking for skilled, motivated professionals to help forge the future of higher education.
The USC department of Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) – Waste Management Department is seeking a Zero Waste Auditor to join its team.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Zero Waste Auditor is responsible for performing assigned financial, operational, compliance and/or information systems audits.
The Zero Waste Auditor:
- Conducts or assists in conducting preliminary surveys, preparing audit programs, determining audit procedure to be used etc. Conducts or assists in performing various audits assignments or special audit projects.
- Test, verifies, and analyzes data using established audit standards, procedures and techniques.
- Reviews transactions, documents, records and operational methods to adequacy of control and efficiency of operations.
- Prepares and organizes supporting documentation, e.g. work papers and schedules for projects under review.
- Monitors projects in-progress for adherence to project objectives, schedules, deadlines etc…
- Conducts preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies and recommends corrective action to strengthen controls, improve operation and reduce costs.
- Makes oral reports and/or prepares formal written reports as requested on the results of assigned audits and special projects.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other operating personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The ideal candidate for the position of Zero Waste Auditor meets the following criteria:
- 3 years of experience
Candidates for the position Zero Waste Auditor must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
- 2 years of experience
- Combined education/experience as a substitute for minimum experience
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices and audit procedures and techniques
- Basic knowledge of fund accounting
- Basic understanding of automated systems and computer operations
About Facilities Planning and Management (FPM):
FPM (formerly named Capital Construction & Development / Facilities Management Services) is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the breadth of the facilities at USC, and is also dedicated to creating a safe environment for our USC community. Woven into every service, safety is of upmost importance. As FPM, this diverse group of innovative and talented professionals provide high quality facilities construction, operations and maintenance services at USC and serve as dedicated stewards of USC and FPM core values. FPM values employee recognition, accountability, collaboration, respect, and trust. Join us- apply today!
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: General knowledge of accounting principles and practices and audit procedures and techniques. Basic knowledge of fund accounting. Basic understanding of automated systems and computer operations.
REQ20099334 Posted Date: 04/18/2021 Apply