Keck Medicine of USC is one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Its internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and more than 80 outpatient clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center was ranked No. 16 on U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-20 Best Hospital Honor Roll and among the top 3 hospitals in Los Angeles and top 5 in California. The hospital also ranked in the top 4 in urology (tie); top 10 in geriatrics; top 15 in ophthalmology, cardiology & heart surgery, gastroenterology & GI surgery and nephrology; top 20 in neurology & neurosurgery; top 25 in cancer; and top 35 in pulmonology & lung surgery.
Coder - USC Care MSO Coding Services - Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
Codes and abstracts documents such as patient charts and pathology reports utilizing diagnostic codes. Enters data into computer system(s).
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Specialized/Technical Training - Graduation from a formal coder training program or completion of academic class in medical coding. (Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education).
• 2 Years of experience. Two years of coding experience may be substituted for education requirement.
• Minimum National Certification: AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P); or AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required.
• Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) in lieu of (CCS-P) acceptable for employees hired prior to April 30, 2020.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)