Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Administrative Assistant II - Arlington (VA) OfficeApply Viterbi School of Engineering Arlington, Virginia
Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced artificial intelligence, information processing, computing, cybersecurity, and communications technologies. ISI operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI’s 300 faculty, professional staff and graduate students carry out extraordinary information sciences research at three distinct locations - Marina Del Rey, CA; Arlington, VA; and Waltham, MA.
*This position is located in Arlington, VA.*
The Computational Systems & Technology Division of Information Sciences Institute (ISI) seeks an Administrative Assistant II to provide support to multiple researchers/faculty and their staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through the division. Initiates follow-up action. Serves as resource to others on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues. Interacts with university offices and/or supervisor’s subordinates to facilitate communications and information exchange.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Coordinates and assists with division functions, as assigned, such as seminars, interview presentations, meetings with funders, etc. Arranges with vendors for catering and makes arrangements for sites/facilities and any equipment needed.
- Assists in budget planning with contracts and grants by providing estimates of costs for items such as travel, equipment, etc.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls, emails and requests. Determines what contact or action is required for satisfactory disposition. Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to researcher/faculty, as appropriate.
- Sets up new faculty, staff, Graduate Research Assistants, Visiting Research Assistants, Student Workers, Directed Research students, and other visitors and volunteers with office space, access cards, parking, keys, computers, email, and other office equipment, as needed. Provides guidance and instruction on ISI procedures.
- Makes travel arrangements, domestic and international.
- Reconciles expense reports.
The selected applicant must obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. Per U.S. government regulations, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this clearance.
- Experience in an academic setting or research institute
- Able to multi-task while providing support to multiple faculty, researchers, graduate students, and visitors
- Experience with arranging travel both domestic and international; experience with following the Fly America Act; experience with travel restrictions of contracts and grants
- Able to adapt, be flexible, follow procedures and policies, and make last minute decisions
- Able to work as a team with various groups
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience
REQ20100210 Posted Date: 05/03/2021 Apply