Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Computer Scientist - Heterogeneous Systems GroupApply Viterbi School of Engineering Arlington, Virginia
USC’s Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of the university’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced artificial intelligence, information processing, computing, and communications technologies. ISI’s 400 faculty, professional staff and graduate students carry out extraordinary information sciences research at three distinct locations - Marina Del Rey, CA; Arlington, VA; and Waltham, MA.
*This position is based in Arlington, VA. Remote work options are available *
The Heterogeneous Systems Group at ISI conducts research at the intersection of computer architecture and high-performance software. The group’s specialties include compilers to operating systems, supercomputers to embedded systems. The unifying theme across all these areas is heterogeneity and its impact on systems.
We are looking for highly talented, motivated technical leaders to join our team. This position will lead research in the emerging area of on-board computing for autonomous spacecraft. The successful candidate will be collaborative and capable of performing within a small team. The candidate should be a self-starter and capable of successfully navigating the ambiguities of research. The candidate should have previously published in top-tier conferences and journals and should be prepared to contribute to, and eventually lead, proposal efforts.
Position specific Job Qualifications:
- PhD or MS and equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Previous publications in one or more of the areas of compilers, operating systems, or runtimes.
- Expert-level understanding of either LLVM or the Linux kernel
- Five years of C/C++ experience, including contributions to open source or commercial projects
- Ability to evaluate, apply, and mature published research to real-world problems on prototype systems
- Applicants selected for this position will require access to ITAR materials. According to U.S. government regulations, ONLY U.S. citizens OR lawful permanent residents (green card) are eligible for ITAR access.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Familiarity with common AI frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Familiarity with common AI interoperability formats such as ONNX
- Current TS/SCI clearance is a plus
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Master's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of research processes and computer science.
REQ20106756 Posted Date: 09/16/2021 Apply