Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Computer/Electronics EngineerApply Information Sciences Institute Arlington, Virginia
Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies. ISI operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI has three research campuses: one in Marina Del Rey, CA; one in Arlington, VA; and one in Waltham, MA.
*This position is located in Arlington, VA.*
Information Sciences Institute (ISI) seeks a Senior Computer/Electronics Engineer who will be applying electrical and computer engineering principles and concepts in planning, coordinating and executing research and development activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
* PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics with some years of experience in the design, fabrication, and test of state-of-the-art microelectronic components for digital, analog/mixed-signals, and analog-only domains – OR -- MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics with companion experience of at least 5 years in the design, fabrication, and test of such microelectronic components is also acceptable.
* Excellent understanding of how to design, synthesize, verify, evaluate alternatives, manufacture in advanced foundries, and test advanced microelectronic devices of diverse types (micro-processors, controllers, field-programmable-gate-arrays [FPGAs], memories, analog-to-digital converters, etc.); furthermore, how to design and embed such devices in complex signal processing systems.
* Working knowledge of EDA/CAD design tools, and state-of-the-art large-scale VLSI devices available as commercial products is beneficial; also having a good understanding overseeing experiments involving these processing assemblies, and collecting experimental data for future analyses.
* Knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering practices, and some proficiency in current programming languages (e.g., C, C++) for real-time environments.
* Good oral and writing skills in composing technical reports, and preparing and articulating presentations
* Self-motivated, setting own goals, and able to work with minimal supervision
* Eligibility for a security clearance is desirable and candidates who can satisfy International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements are preferred. According to U.S. government restrictions, ONLY U.S. citizens OR lawful permanent residents (green card) are eligible for ITAR access.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Master's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of electrical & computer engineering; experience with CAE/CAD tools, modern design methodologies & development of solutions for specific design tasks using engineering principles.
REQ20059646 Posted Date: 05/24/2018 Apply