Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Certified Nurse Assistant - 6th Floor Med/Surg - Full-Time 12 Hour Nights (Open)Apply Verdugo Hills Hospital - Medical Surgery Hospital Glendale, California
Statement of Purpose:
Performs various patient care activities and non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient.
Representative Functions or Duties:
– Carries out personal hygiene procedures for patients, such as: baths, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, back rubs, foley care and decubitus preventive care.
– Serves meals; assists with feeding if necessary; determines amount of food and fluid intake. Measures fluid intake and output and records them on the proper forms.
– Is responsible for maintaining neatness and order in the patient’s unit, including making the bed and necessary linen changes. Disposes of trash and linen properly.
– Takes temperatures, pulses, respirations, blood pressures, asks for pain level; records these accurately and legibly in the patient’s chart.
– Assists the Nurse with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
– Assists patient with dressing and undressing.
– Performs skills/services according to accepted procedure. These may include collection of specimens, weighing patients, surgical preps and assisting with patient activities.
– Demonstrates ability to use equipment according to accepted procedure.
– Assists in placing and removing protective devices such as: bedside rails, poseys, and wrist restraints. – Explains procedures and treatments to the patient.
– Carries out patient and family requests or explains to them why they cannot be done.
– Assists with patient activities as ordered, i.e., ambulation and transportation.
– Answers patient’s call lights and leaves call light within the patient’s reach. – Assists in the care of deceased patients.
– Notifies the Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse of anything in the patient’s condition that requires attention.
– Demonstrates knowledge of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric variations in treatment/procedure as evidenced by annual age specific competency assessment/evaluation. – Makes self available to listen to patient and family concerns.
– Addresses patient with appropriate title as agreed by patient and family.
– Appearance is in accordance with nursing policy. Wears complete uniform and photo identification badge.
– Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
– Cooperates with changes in policy, procedure, personnel, and environment.
– Accepts guidance and direction from supervisory personnel.
– Contributes to positive unit atmosphere as evidenced by a smile, eye contact, friendly demeanor, etc., as defined by guest relations policy.
– Completes patient rounds as required.
– Utilizes time effectively to complete assignments on time.
– Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected change in volume, emergencies, staffing, or scheduling.
– Recognizes own limitations and seeks help from appropriate sources when needed.
– Adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
– Adhere to the lines of authority and communication formulated by the organizational chart.
– Complete medical record as outlined in charting procedure.
– Participate in Quality Management studies and serves on CQI project teams as requested.
– Perform related duties as assigned.
REQ20069179 Posted Date: 12/20/2018 Apply