Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Float Pool) - Nursing Administration - Full-Time Fixed Term 12 Hour DaysApply Nursing Administration Glendale, California
I.REPRESENTATIVEFUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
o Patient Care
1. Carries out personal hygiene procedures for patients, such as : baths, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, back rubs, Foley care and decubitus preventive care.
2. Serves meals: assists with feeding if necessary; determine amount of food and fluid intake. Measures fluid intake and output and records them on the proper forms.
3. Is responsible for maintaining neatness and order in the patient’s unit, including making the bed and necessary linen changes. Dispose of trash and linen properly.
4. Takes temperatures, pulses and respirations, blood pressures, and records these accurately and legibly in the patient’s chart.
5. Assists the Nurse with admission.
6. Assist patient with dressing and undressing.
7. Performs skills/services according to accepted procedure. These may include collection of specimens, weighing patients, surgical preps, enema administration, giving Harris Flushes and assisting with patient activities.
8. Demonstrates ability to use equipment according to accepted procedure.
9. Assists in placing and removing protective devices such as: bedside rails and wrist restraints. Monitors those patients per hospital protocol.
10. Explains procedures and treatments to the patient, with in their scope of practice.
11. Carries out patient and family requests or explains to them why they cannot be done.
12. Assists with patient activities as ordered, i.e., ambulation and transportation.
13. Answers patient’s call lights and leaves call light within the patient’s reach.
14. Assists in the care of deceased patients.
15. Notifies the Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse of anything in the patient’s condition that requires attention.
16. Completes sitter competency and follows all guidelines within.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric variations in treatment/procedure as evidenced by annual age specific competency assessment/evaluation.
II. INTERPERSONALRELATIONSHIPS / COMMUNICATIONSKILLS
A. Addresses patient with appropriate title as agreed to by patient and family.
B. Communicates concise and appropriate information concerning patient’s needs to nurse and ancillary departments.
C. Makes self available to listen to patient and family concerns.
A. Attends a minimum of three (3) staff meetings per year: or verifies receipt of a minimum of 3 staff meeting minutes,
B. Participates in Nursing Department committees as requested.
C. CPR current yearly.
D. Yearly review of: (a) Hazardous Materials; (b) Fire Safety; © Electrical Safety; (d) Body Mechanics; (e) Radiation Safety; and (f) Infection Control.
E. Participates in annual competency.
A. Appearance is in accordance with nursing policy. Wears picture identification badge.
B. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
C. Cooperates with changes in policy, procedure, personnel and environment.
D. Accepts guidance and direction from supervisory personnel.
E. Contributes to positive unit atmosphere as evidenced by a smile, eye contact, friendly demeanor, etc., as defined by guest relations policy.
F. Is ready to begin working at the scheduled time.
G. Utilizes time effectively to complete assignments on time.
H. Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in volume, emergencies, staffing or scheduling.
J. Recognizes own limitations and seeks help from appropriate sources.
V. In addition to the duties/responsibilities outlined, every nursing employee is expected to:
A. Adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
B. Perform related duties as assigned.
C. Complete EHR as outlined in charting procedure.
D. Adhere to the lines of authority and communication formulated by the organizational chart.
E. Use Time and Attendance Clock and Exception Sheets as per policy.
F. Participate in Quality Management studies and serves on Quality Project Teams as requested.
1. Regularly perform: lifting 25 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of 25 lbs.
2. Walks 10 hours per day or more through and between hospital departments, frequently standing, bending, stooping and reaching to check or move equipment and assist patients.
3. Must possess the ability to regularly: finger (prick, pinch or otherwise work with the finger); handle (seize, hold, grasp and turn or otherwise work the hands); and reach (extend the hands and arms in any direction).
4. The ability to identify and distinguish colors, detect odors, hear and comprehend language, and read fine print.
5. Ability to perform CPR.
6. Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Six months to one year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current CaliforniaCertified Nurse Assistant Certification.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) card.
- AB 508 Secure Training Certification within 30 days of hire.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20052343 Posted Date: 10/25/2017 Apply