Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Laboratory Technologist II (CLS) - Laboratory - Per Diem 8 Hour Evenings/MidshiftApply Lab - Clinical Glendale, California
Statement of Purpose:
1. Responsible for simple maintenance (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) as specified by the manufacturer and procedure manual.
2. Perform routine operations of instruments as specified by the manufacturers and procedure manual: a) loading specimen; b) testing; c) retrieving results; d) utilizing computer interface/imputing results into LIS (Laboratory Information System).
3. Understand calibration procedures and requirements as stated in the technical and procedure manuals.
4. Perform simple trouble shooting procedures and adjustments as outlined in instrument operators manual.
5. Perform major trouble-shooting procedures as specified by the manufacturers in “hot-line” situations.
6. Authorize service call when situation requires major manufacturer repair beyond the employee scope.
7. Understand use of quality control material (i.e., means, acceptable ranges, trends, shifts, and out-of-control procedures) as outlined in department procedure manual.
8. Help to maintain records by documenting quality control results, out-of-control action, and informing supervisors of recurring problems or those problems requiring immediate attention.
9. Responsible for maintaining accuracy of quality control records and performing out-of-control procedures when required.
10. Perform all testing procedures, in assigned department, as described in the departmental procedure manual.
11. Understand collection and handling requirements for procedures, as defined in department procedure manuals.
12. Perform test results within specified time periods as stated in procedure manual (i.e., stats, ward reports, etc.).
13. Responsible for phoning test results as requested by the ordering physician or as required by the departmental procedure manuals (i.e., stats panic values and drug levels).
14. Follow safety guidelines as specified by the departmental and hospital fire and safety manual.
15. Monitor reagents, supplies, and notify department supervisor of any problems and when reagents/supplies need to be ordered.
16. Notify supervisor of any areas that the employee requires assistance or training, or current written procedures that are unclear or inadequate.
17. Demonstrate ability to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision.
18. Act as department supervisor and accept responsibility for the department in the absence of the Section Chief.
19. Instruct assistants and receptionists on specimen collection and handling.
20. Assist in orientation of new employees to the department to familiarize them with the instruments or procedures as specified by the section supervisor.
21. General knowledge of pediatric, adolescent, and adult population served.
22. Adhere to written hospital policy and procedure.
- Current CLS License.
- Previous experience working as a Lab Technologist in a hospital setting.
- 3-5 years of experience in blood smear and fluid review.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20052557 Posted Date: 11/09/2017 Apply