Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Registered Nurse - NICU - Per Diem 12 Hour DaysApply Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Glendale, California
Statement of Purpose:
As an integral part of the multidisciplinary team, the Clinical Nurse utilizes the nursing process to provide therapeutic, direct patient care to patients and their families in the Perinatal and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit / Special Care Nursery settings.
- Eligibility, as defined by the California Board of Nursing, to sit for the Registered Nurse licensing examination.
- BSN, preferred.
- Specialty Certification, preferred
- One (1) or more years of recent experience in an acute care setting preferred .
- Two (2) or more years of recent experience in Level II (or higher) NICU – Special Care Nursery preferred.
- If less than one (1) year experience in Level II or higher NICU, completion of NICU Didactic Training.
- Language Skills:
– Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
– Additional languages preferred.
– Basic computer knowledge.
– Cerner (EMR documentation) preferred .
- May be expected to cross train to at least one (1) other Perinatal area.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
- Valid State of California Registered Nursing License; Specialty certification, preferred.
- Current Basic Care Life Support (BCLS) for Healthcare Provider card from the American Heart Association.
- Regulatory Requirements:
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
• Completion cardiac monitoring course.
• Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20053758 Posted Date: 12/18/2017 Apply