Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Respiratory Care Practitioner - Respiratory Therapy - Full-Time 12 Hour Nights EVERGREENApply Verdugo Hills Hospital - Respiratory Therapy Hospital Glendale, California
Under direct supervision Administrative Technologist, and as directed by physician, set up and operate various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in t he diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness.
•Complete ventilator and circuit checks every two hours.
•Circuit changed as needed, E.T. tube size and placement charted each shift.
•Deliver meds as ordered by doctor. Frequency, time, and meds documented.
•Document vent checks, changes, ABG’s and required information on vent flow sheet.
•Document required information on all appropriate respiratory forms including quality management, audits, quality control, 2-point calibrations, multi-disciplinary care plans.
•Chart “code blue” and therapy assists.
•Start all physician orders within designated time frame according to frequency of treatment or test and follow procedures as outlined in policy procedure manual.
•Check for correctness of orders
•Quality control done during shift and all documentation recorded as required.
•Able to trouble shoot and change membranes.
•Follow policy and procedure as outlined in manual for cleaning and setting up equipment.
•Equipment to be brought down by therapist upon discontinuance of therapy.
•Equipment to be cleaned and set up on same shift equipment was D.C.‘d. (When work load does not permit, the next shift will pick up what is left over, etc.)
•Tanks checked – shift and replace if 500# or less, and replace any missing parts.
•Attend a minimum of one outside seminar per year.
•Perform treatments in a manner, utilizing equipment and procedures appropriate for the patient’s age group.
•Adheres to written hospital policies and procedures.
•Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a two (2) year Respiratory Care Accrediting Board (RCAB) approved school and passage of the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) registry examination.
- Certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the State of California.
- Possess the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential.
- Possess Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Credential.
- Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an appropriate program or course is available and successfully completed for New Graduate RCP's or for area of specialization.
- Two (2) years of experience in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, preferred.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License by the State of California.
- Current BLS Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Current PALS Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Current NRP Certification.
- S.T.A.B.L.E Certification, preferred.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
REQ20072153 Posted Date: 04/01/2019 Apply