Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician - 5 South Telemetry - Full-Time 12 Hour NightsApply Telemetry Glendale, California
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
Statement of Purpose:
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician performs clerical, clinical, and communication functions on assigned nursing unit. She/he provides courteous reception on the nursing unit and arranges and coordinates activities for patient care.
• Performs clerical duties related to the unit e.g. Processing physician orders, assembling charts, obtaining and filing test reports, copying charts as needed. Checks the charts at the beginning and before the end of shift for completeness.
• Answers the phone in a professional and courteous manner; takes accurate messages and delivers messages in a timely manner. Responds to e-mail requests in a timely manner.
• Maintains up to date unit manuals and reference materials. Places updates to policy and procedure in manuals as needed.
• Demonstrates team work both intra and interdepartmentally.
• Ensures adequate and accurate inventory of stock supplies and processes requisitions for supplies and equipment as assigned. Monitors delivery of unit supplies and stocks patient care areas to ensure supplies are available to nursing and physician staff. Arranges for maintenance and repair of department equipment. Maintains inventory of office supplies and orders as needed.
• Contributes to positive unit environment.
• Responsible for answering call lights courteously and relaying patient request to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Verbalizes and demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret cardiac rhythms.
• Measures and maintains appropriate record for rhythm strips.
• Recognizes deviation in rhythm strips and provides timely notification to registered nurse.
• Assists in transporting patients to and from tests as needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: - High school graduation required
- EKG or Rhythm interpretation course
Minimum Experience: - Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- 1+ year experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Data entry computer skills
Minimum Field of Expertise: Current Healthcare Provider BLS card
REQ9000125 Posted Date: 05/18/2017 Apply