Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC is one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Its internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and more than 80 outpatient clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center was ranked No. 16 on U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-20 Best Hospital Honor Roll and among the top 3 hospitals in Los Angeles and top 5 in California. The hospital also ranked in the top 4 in urology (tie); top 10 in geriatrics; top 15 in ophthalmology, cardiology & heart surgery, gastroenterology & GI surgery and nephrology; top 20 in neurology & neurosurgery; top 25 in cancer; and top 35 in pulmonology & lung surgery.
Physician Assistant - Las Vegas Culinary Health Center - Full Time 9 Hour DaysApply Keck Medicine of USC Hospital Las Vegas, Nevada
- Graduate degree from an accredited PA program required
- At least 24 months experience as a Physician Assistant with at least 12 months in a primary care area required (experience must have taken place within the last 36 months period)
- Combined education/experience may substitute for minimum experience.
- Speak Spanish fluently (preferred, not required)
- Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have an active, unrestricted Physician Assistant license from Nevada.
- Valid Nevada State Board of Pharmacy License.
- Must have an active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license from Nevada
- Possess a current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification – Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
Under general supervision and in accordance with standardized procedures, incumbent performs physical examinations and treats common episodic and chronic health care problems in the clinic, counsels patients and families, monitors patient progress, assists with medical research projects. The Physician Assistant takes a leading role in activities such as managing the clinical aspects of clinic, patient care, performance improvement, job performance/competency evaluations, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors, employees, and preceptors in the orientation and training of new employees. Executes leadership in the following areas: Direct/Indirect Patient Care, Support of Systems, Research, Education, and Professional Leadership. Works in collaboration with other health care team members, consulting and referring as appropriate, but retains responsibility for ongoing clinical management of the patient. Must work with any and every physician in the Clinic.
REQ20097075 Posted Date: 01/27/2021 Apply