Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Administrative Assistant IApply Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute Los Angeles, California
The USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute is a high-tech neuroimaging research facility located at the USC Health Sciences Campus. We are seeking and administrative assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative support to faculty and staff in the institute.
• Serves as internal resource to faculty, administrators, staff or students on departmental and university procedures. Researches information, as requested, and relays official interpretations. Maintains currency on revisions to department, school, and/or university policies and procedures.
• Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and university policies and procedures.
• Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
• Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials.
• Edit documents produced by others.
• Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
• Coordinates the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, accreditation reviews. Coordinates efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
• Oversees office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity, efficiency and service.
• Assists in maintaining office equipment, purchases, processing reimbursements, and other business transactions as needed.
• Able to work in a team environment and freely exchange ideas
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to initiate own work and use good judgment with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to perform detail oriented work with high degree of accuracy
• Must be able to work and gather requirements independently
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in higher education/university setting; USC experience is highly preferred.
Minimum education : Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum experience: 2 years
Minimum field of expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative
REQ20048687 Posted Date: 11/06/2017 - Thru date - 12/8/2017 Apply