Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Administrative Assistant IApply Medicine - Cardiovascular Medicine Los Angeles, California
USC’s Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for its Center for Body Computing (CBC). The Center for Body Computing, established in 2006, is a leading global digital health research and innovation center. The USC CBC conducts cutting edge research in digital health and accelerates the successful development of ideas and innovative digital health products and services. The Center collaborates with USC programs in partnership with industry leaders and venture capitalists in biotechnology, telecommunications, entertainment, design, and consumer products.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative tasks of the CBC, including (but not limited to): scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events, arranging with vendors for services, preparing agendas, gathering and organizing supporting information, booking travel, and recording minutes and summarizing for typing and distribution.
On a day to day basis, the Administrative Assistant will also assist with business development efforts. These will include researching companies to target for sponsorship and membership, development of targeted materials such as Powerpoint presentations, and the planning and hosting of business development meetings. The Administrative Assistant will play a supporting role in the planning and execution of the annual Body Computing Conference, a day-long meeting of physicians, entrepreneurs, and innovators from all over the world focused on exploring the future of digital health.
Candidates should have an interest and/or experience in digital health and wireless sensors. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the current healthcare system and committed to providing better healthcare outcomes through the use of technology.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Edit documents produced by others.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and university policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to faculty, administrators, staff or students on departmental and university procedures. Researches information, as requested, and relays official interpretations. Maintains currency on revisions to department, school, and/or university policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcome. Records minutes and summarizes for typing and distribution.
- Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries. Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Coordinates the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, accreditation reviews. Coordinates efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
- Oversees office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity, efficiency and service.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
- Supervises unit employees and/or student workers, as assigned. Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines. Monitors employee performance on a regular basis. Ensures timely completion of unit's work.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years
Posting Salary Range: $40,000-50,000
Percentage of Time: 100%
Fixed Term position
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience.
REQ20050878 Posted Date: 10/12/2017 - Thru date - 11/30/2017 Apply