Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Administrative Assistant IApply Political Science Los Angeles, California
It’s an exciting time at USC. We are world-renowned for our innovative education, academic excellence and path-breaking research in a vibrant region exploding with potential. As part of a university that is on an upward trajectory, excellent development and advancement opportunities are possible here. Ultimately, you will support the university’s expansive, humanity-centered mission: “The development of human beings and society as a whole through the cultivation and enrichment of the human mind and spirit.”
Title: Administrative Assistant I
Division/School: Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
Department: Political Science
Location: University Park Campus, Los Angeles
Category: Office, Administrative & Customer Support
Education: College degree preferred
Employment Type: Full-time. 37.5 hours per week
Hours: Flexible scheduling Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Salary Range: TBD with experience
The Department of Political Science supports 20 full time faculty, 10-12 part-time faculty, and about 450 undergraduate students. The position currently handles the majority of general office tasks of answering phones, ordering office supplies, maintaining office equipment for the main office, undergraduate office and all faculty offices. This position also coordinates all events/talks for students, faculty hiring job talks, and other professional events and conferences conducted within the department. Additionally, this position is responsible for promotion of department programs, events, student opportunities, and hiring needs via our department website.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of department website and other means of promotion
- Acquisition and maintenance of all department equipment
- Assisting faculty and graduate students with obtaining textbooks and other course materials
- Coordinating department events, talks, and conferences
- Advertise/promote department scholarships and student opportunities
- Data management – data integrity management, accuracy in record keeping, documentation of correspondence and other activities.
- Coordinating emails, mailings, other correspondence, etc.
- Front office coverage, requiring exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
- Scheduling and preparing for meetings, talks, and events
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive materials or information
- Other duties as assigned
- Professionalism – tactfully represent the department and university at all times
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize projects with sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments on an ongoing basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic office equipment (computer/laptop, phones, fax, printer, copier, scanner, etc)
- Data Management experience
- Previous work experience in an office setting
Required Application Materials
Cover letter and resume required. Please ensure these documents are attached/uploaded during the application process.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience.
REQ20053127 Posted Date: 11/10/2017 Apply