Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Assistant Director, Institutional ComplianceApply Office of Compliance Los Angeles, California
USC’s Office of Compliance is seeking an Assistant Director, Institutional Compliance to assist in the implementation of a comprehensive compliance program for the university that includes training, policies, monitoring, data analytics, reporting and enforcement to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and administrative requirements. Reporting to the Associate Senior Vice President (ASVP), Office of Compliance, the Assistant Director will work with compliance liaisons and partner with business leadership to assist in conducting compliance risk assessments, determining areas of focus and monitoring and assessing university-wide compliance risk areas.
Fostering within the university a culture that promotes integrity and ethical behavior in all institutional compliance matters, the Assistant Director will coordinate with the Department of Audit Services, Human Resources, Faculty Affairs, Risk Management, Office of General Counsel, and other units as appropriate.
Specific job accountabilities include:
- Assisting the ASVP in development of the institutional compliance program.
- Staffing of the Compliance and Ethics Committee
- Being a resource for committee members as they develop their compliance programs in accordance with the approved governance standards
- Conducting the monitoring of compliance liaison progress in meeting compliance governance standards
- Assisting in developing institutional protocols around investigations/corrective actions per the EY compliance program evaluation
- Assisting the ASVP with meeting the institutional compliance items in the annual compliance plan; assists in leading groups/projects
- Conducting investigations as needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree/ J.D.
- 7 years of related experience, preferably in an institutional compliance role in higher education, government or industry
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Degree in business administration, legal studies, finance, audit or similar ethics and compliance education.
Experience working in compliance.
Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) certification from Compliance Certification Board, or commitment to obtain such within 1 year post-hire.
Experience working with regulatory requirements, policies and codes of conduct.
Demonstrated administrative skills and project management skills, particularly among cross-functional teams.
Demonstrated skill in influencing management within multiple business, cultural and interpersonal environment.
Ability to build consensus and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel with a combination of tenacity and tact.
Possesses analytical skills and the ability to demonstrate critical thinking.
Ability to balance and effectively prioritize numerous projects covering a variety of subject matters.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
REQ20054137 Posted Date: 12/13/2017 - Thru date - 2/5/2018 Apply