"The University of Southern California is committed to excellence in teaching through strategies that foster the knowledge, skills, relationships, and values necessary for students to make real contributions in a rapidly changing world. USC is an equitable and diverse research university, and we recognize the many ways inclusivity strengthens our campus community. Our superb faculty have the exceptional responsibilities of creating new knowledge and instructing and guiding our passionate, hardworking student body" –Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology (Family Planning)Apply Keck School of Medicine Faculty Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California (USC) is seeking an Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology to join the Section of Family Planning. We are seeking a physician who will share our dedication to serving the vulnerable, diverse patient population of Los Angeles at LA County + USC Medical Center, while taking advantage of the resources and academic community of a world-renowned hospital and institution, Keck Hospital of USC.
Job Description and Expectations:
- This is a full-time position, which includes clinical and teaching responsibilities in both family planning and general obstetrics and gynecology.
- Candidates must be board-eligible in obstetrics and gynecology, eligible for licensure in California and who have completed a Family Planning Fellowship.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrated excellence in clinical practice, including abortion provision, evidence of teaching, clinical scholarly expertise in family planning
- The candidate would be expected to expand abortion and complex contraceptive services at Keck Medicine and participate in educational experiences for students, residents and fellows.
- The applicant will help to develop a sustainable, collaborative research vision for the fellowship.
- Generalist and family planning call responsibilities are expected but limited.
- An established Family Planning Fellowship, 3rd in the nation and previously led by the late Dr. Daniel R. Mishell, Jr., and graduated Ryan Program with dedicated operating room time for abortion services.
- Opportunities for collaborative research in women’s health epidemiology, translational work in contraceptive development with dedicated lab support and expertise in hormonal assays, and community-based research.
- The position offers a competitive salary with excellent university benefits and an academic appointment at the Keck School of Medicine of USC appropriate to the level of training and experience.
We intend for the applicant to start immediately, or Summer/Fall of 2021, following licensure in California and credentialing at affiliated hospitals. The University of Southern California is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply here and upload a letter of interest, CV, and the names of three references.
For further inquiries, please contact: Cheryl Piazzola (Cheryl.Piazzola@med.usc.edu), Special Projects Manager of Faculty Affairs in Ob/Gyn.
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
REQ20098817 Posted Date: 04/06/2021 Apply