"As provost, I know that our academic excellence depends on the contributions of all our faculty. Our faculty advance knowledge through our research, teach our talented students, and provide excellent health care to our patients. USC seeks to attract the best and brightest faculty, and we provide a collegial academic environment and employment conditions in which they can flourish and achieve academic success." Michael Quick, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Assistant Professor of TeachingApply Faculty Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. USC is consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious universities, and the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology features one the world’s best degree and research programs in gerontology. The USC Davis School has an international reputation as a hub of aging research and, with additional strong programs throughout the university, leads the way in defining and advancing the field of gerontology.
The USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology is seeking an instructional faculty member to teach gerontology, geriatrics and courses related to nutritional physiology. The following list of duties applies to a typical instructional faculty member. Please note that some faculty position includes a combination of teaching and administrative or service duties, as noted below:
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes. Faculty members are expected to teach a minimum of three four unit courses each semester.
• Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations related to geriatrics, microbiology, nutrition and health.
• Participate in program level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
• Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
The successful candidate is required to have a medical doctorate as well as a PhD in the biological sciences. Ideally, the candidate will have a deep knowledge of nutritional considerations for healthy aging and reduction in age-related chronic diseases and a specialty certification in geriatric medicine. The knowledge multiple languages including Spanish will also be taken into consideration for the selection.
If you are interested, please submit your fully completed application. Please include a CV an reference list. Thank you for your interest!
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
REQ20069710 Posted Date: 01/28/2019 Apply