Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Associate Director, Advisement and RecruitmentApply Information Technology Program Los Angeles, California
The Viterbi School of Engineering Information Technology Program is seeking a Recruitment and Program Advisor to join its outstanding team of faculty, staff and students. This position reports to the ITP Director and job responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide academic counseling for undergraduate and/or graduate students. Advise on matters of curriculum, course and degree requirements, graduation counseling and clearance. Monitor student progress in academic minor and specialization programs.
- Maintain academic unit student records and coordinate registration activities, grading, degree progress, enrollment and degree verification, and transcripts with the USC Office of Academic Records and Registrar. Assist with petition applications, resumes and letters of recommendation. Interfaces with faculty, administrators and students regarding grading policies and academic progress.
- Assist in the planning and execution of recruitment strategies and programs. Collaborate with program director to execute these strategies throughout the year. Plan outreach programs and events, mail and email campaigns, receptions and open houses. Enlists faculty support in recruitment efforts.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies to promote the program. Create information materials and plan activities and events to support marketing strategies. Determine marketing, program goals, objectives and strategies. Implement and maintain branding consistency across all marketing efforts.
- Manage creation of materials, advertising, web pages, paid search, email campaigns, public relations, promotional activities, special events and other marketing activities in alignment with strategy, including vendor management support for outside creative development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, or requested, by the program director.
Required Applicant Documents
2. Cover Letter
These documents may be submitted as one PDF. Applications will not be considered complete without these documents.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Directly related experience in student services and programming with ability to lead.
REQ20054245 Posted Date: 01/02/2018 Apply