At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Associate Director of Social Media and Digital MarketingApply USC Auxiliary Services - Executive Staff Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing to join our rapidly growing team.
The Associate Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing works closely with the Director of Marketing, Communications and the Design Studio on Auxiliary Services-wide project-based assignments; marketing initiatives; develops strategies to bring together data across all of Auxiliary Services and appropriate campus partners for purpose of revenue generation and research. This position collaborates with cross-functional teams to assure that brand plans are aligned with the needs of the business units, consumers, and the university.
- Oversees day-to-day marketing and social media initiatives for all units and ensures business goals and objectives are met
- Creates a social media strategy and coordinates with stakeholders across the university and Auxiliary Services to ensure its effectiveness
- Ensures the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the university and business units culture, products, and services
- Coordinates the planning of social media campaigns that ensure customer acquisition and support monetization across the business unit’s portfolio
- Sources and manages relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities
- Acts as the advocate of social media integration within Auxiliary Services, influencing overall site and business strategies
- Provides benchmarks and analyzes data provided by the social media team for the purposes of making decisions and meeting commercial campaign targets
- Monitors and comments on trends in social media trends and application, acting as the Auxiliary Services spokesperson within the social media industry
- Develops joint business plans with key platforms such as Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. to outline annual strategies and priorities
- Works closely with the marketing team to ensure that each unit’s web site is cross-functional and achieves the objectives
- Devises strategies to drive traffic to university web sites using a range of techniques, including paid search, SEO, PPC, etc.
- Oversees the written, visual, and audio content of all unit web sites, including copyedits and proofreads all web content
- Negotiates media buys and other partner negotiations where necessary
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 4-5 years in marketing or similar field.
- CRM experience
- Contract negotiations and media buying experience
- 1-3 years of digital marketing/web site content experience
- 4-5 years of experience in social media strategy development
- Demonstrated creative skills
What We Prefer:
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and develop a team
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional and supervisory experience in area of program specialization
REQ20045318 Posted Date: 08/11/2017 Apply