Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Career Advisor, Master of Science in FinanceApply Graduate Career Services Los Angeles, California
Career Advisor, Master of Science in Finance
USC Marshall School of Business
Graduate Career Services
USC’s Graduate Career Services within the Marshall School of Business is seeking a financial services career advisor to join its team.
The Career Advisor, Master of Science in Finance (MSF) will manage all aspects of career advising for the MSF program and will coordinate with the employer relations team to connect students with employers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advises Marshall MSF students on effective job search strategies across all areas within financial services, including technical interviewing, behavioral interviewing and personalized search techniques for summer internships and full-time positions
- Advises and works closely with student organizations to deliver appropriate job candidate preparation activities, such as communication skills, networking, interviewing, resume writing and career action plans
- Analyzes company business models, financial services hiring trends and future employment opportunities; manages and expands corporate partnerships with domestic and international companies
- Communicates with human resource professionals to understand human capital demands in order to translate industry trends into an effective outreach strategy
- Executes outreach visits, as well as networking and hiring events attended by students, alumni and employers
- Educates and trains students on the aptitude and skills necessary to take advantage of opportunities for corporate sector employment, including start-ups and emerging markets
- Collaborates with colleagues within Graduate Career Services, Student Services, and Graduate Admissions on projects and initiatives as assigned
- MBA or professional graduate degree highly preferred
- 5- 7 years of experience in financial services, investment banking, investment management, graduate business school career development or employer relations
- Strong understanding of current recruiting and employment trends across financial services
- Demonstrates significant comfort level with technology, including CRM systems and career management platforms
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience: 1 year
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Related education and experience in counseling and career services and advisement
Required Documents and Additional Information
- Resume and cover letter required. Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Related education and experience in counseling and career services and advisement.
REQ20066468 Posted Date: 10/11/2018 - Thru date - 2018-10-18 Apply