At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Cashier (Barista Duties), StarbucksApply USC Hospitality Starbucks Cafe 84 Los Angeles, California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
We are seeking a Cashier (barista duties) to join our rapidly growing Starbucks team.
As our Cashier (barista duties), you will contribute to Starbucks’ success by providing legendary customer service to all of our customers. You will create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing them with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. You will model and act in accordance with Starbucks’ guiding principles. We want our guests to remember that you provided the best USC experience, so that they are eager to return!
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 6 months - 1 year.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Demonstrated cash handling experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of food sanitation procedures.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- 1 year of experience in a quick service restaurant.
- Experience in a cash-handling role.
- Experience in a face-to-face customer service environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Less than high school
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated cash handling skills. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures. Ability to lift 30 lbs. Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
REQ20047845 Posted Date: 01/10/2018 Apply