Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Program AdministratorApply Office of Benefits Administration Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California is seeking a seasoned and experienced Program Administrator to manage child care services, vendor agreements, parent engagement, and property and facilities management. The ideal candidate will possess business experience and have a passion for early childhood education, and have an intricate understanding of how childcare affects family/work life to ensure the children and families have access to first-class care.
Additional responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage third-party vendors and relationships; conduct site audits; ensure compliance with contract rules, obligations and conditions (i.e., resolve issues related to ratios, educational requirements, licensing).
- Serve as the primary contact for current and prospective families; establish and maintain regular, meaningful communications and collaborative relationships; take action to resolve issues and concerns.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, meeting records, feedback, and follow up on recommendations from the University Child Care Advisory Committee and parent advisory groups at each facility and proposals to the university’s senior leadership.
- Oversee maintenance of all property and facilities. Partner with USC's Facilities Management Services for any necessary repairs.
- Develop and coordinate marketing and promotional strategies.
- Ensure program accessibility and affordability of USC’s childcare program to all USC families.
- Monitor best practices in childcare services; monitor peer programs and bring recommendations forward for program improvement.
- Manage affiliated programs and benefits (i.e., back-up care, drop-in care, and financial assistance, etc.).
- Develop and manage program budget/expenses.
• Bachelor's degree (i.e. business administration, ECEA, or related field), or combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory or management role overseeing a childcare program in a corporate, academic or alternate business setting
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement, administer, and facilitate the management of an efficient and effective large-scale childcare program.
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in budget development and administration.
• Knowledge and experience in vendor management and cultivating positive relationships.
• Experience in contract negotiations.
• Knowledge of computer-related technologies in support of program administration.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We pride ourselves on being a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families, including:
· Benefits: Health, dental, and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers, and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Please visit usc.edu for additional information.
· Perks: Discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
· Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles, offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.
REQ20072459 Posted Date: 07/17/2019 Apply