Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Communications CoordinatorApply Project Management Office Los Angeles, California
Are you accomplished at designing and delivering highly effective organization communication campaigns? Do you love to devise strategies to convey critical messages to a wide variety of people? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments?
The University of Southern California (USC) has established a program to optimize its current use of the Workday Human Capital Management and Payroll system, implemented in 2014. The University will soon embark on an initiative to modernize its business processes through implementation of Workday Financials. The combined Workday Programs are critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency.
We are currently seeking a Communications Coordinator to join the Workday Programs within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department here at the University of Southern California. As a member of the program’s Organizational Change Management (OCM) team, the Communications Coordinator will work with numerous members of the Workday program team to develop and disseminate communications, fostering understanding of and engagement in the activities of the program. Communications will target a variety of stakeholders throughout the University, including executives, business partners, human resource professionals, managers and employees. The duties of the Communications Coordinator will include drafting, reviewing, editing, and transmitting communication content in a clear and concise way for multiple formats, including email, websites, presentations, printed documents and social media.
The Workday Programs Organization Change Management (OCM) approach focuses on engaging stakeholders and promoting full adoption by operating departments as well as central administrative units. The goal for OCM extends beyond achieving proficiency with specific functionality to inspiring and supporting changes in business processes and practices to allow USC to take optimal advantage of the Workday Human Capital Management and Payroll System.
USC ITS is committed to providing information technology services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
There are 2 positions. This is a fixed-term position with anticipated end date of December 31, 2021. Please note this is a full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate activities and events to enhance the public’s awareness of the university, a department of the university or students, faculty, staff and/or alumni of the University.
- Coordinate preparation, production, and distribution of informational materials.
- Coordinate public relations events and other activities. May include coordination of volunteers, students, alumni and/or staff.
- Coordinate work of contracted vendors, as assigned, and ensure timely delivery of goods and/or services
- Administer department public relations calendar. Monitor schedules, production, and distribution arrangements and other details to ensure timely, successful completion of public relations materials, events, etc.
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external sources including media sources, public relations, colleagues and vendors. Attend meetings, conferences, classes, etc., as assigned.
- Write and/or edit copy for department publications.
- Coordinate appropriate use of University and/or department logos, emblems and indicia.
- Work with project leadership to develop the overall communication strategy and detailed implementation plan.
- Draft and manage dissemination of all written and visual multi-media content for email list serves, website, and social media networks directed to audiences outside the project team.
- Support OCM department success teams in refining overall program messages and communications to meet the distinct needs of the departments they support; assist as needed in developing focused content for presentations and other communication vehicles.
- Work with the project team in the design of templates for status reports, standardized presentation materials and other program collateral.
- Generate and help coordinate content supporting external stakeholder meetings (e.g., advisory councils, change partner network, etc.).
- Provide general support to the program as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree or combined education/experience as substitute for minimum education
- 2 years of communication coordination, journalism, or advertising experience with a sound command of written and oral communication styles and technologies
- Ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced project environment
The Nice to Haves:
- 3 years of communication coordination experience focused on systems implementations, information technology operations or human resources administration
- Experience in the higher education or health care industries
- Experience using social media platforms for organization communication
USC benefits include a choice of retirement programs, 12 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, university holidays, a choice of medical and dental plans, and discounts to football games, basketball games, and other campus events.
REQ20068634 Posted Date: 12/07/2018 Apply