Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Corporate Recruitment ManagerApply Viterbi School of Engineering Los Angeles, California
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering is hiring a ‘Corporate Recruitment Manager’ for the Office of Admission and Student Engagement. Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Corporate Engagement and Programs, the individual will implement marketing strategies for the Corporate and Professional Program audiences. Audiences include working professionals, active-duty military, and veteran students seeking engineering graduate degree and continuing education programs.
The Corporate Recruitment Manager will create and implement marketing strategies designed for the recruitment and conversion of the audiences previously referenced. The majority of students are pursuing their engineering graduate programs fully online via DEN@Viterbi. The individual will also support the ongoing efforts within Corporate and Professional Programs, which encompasses non-degree and degree programs.
The incumbent will:
- Perform industry research, conduct competitive benchmarking and SWOT analyses, and comprehensive surveys to identify market needs
- Participate in the development and detailed implementation of marketing and enrollment goals, objectives, plans and strategies
- Based on market needs, assist in the development of new programs by working with engineering departments, faculty, alumni, current students and other resources
- Plan recruitment events (both on and off-campus), participate in on-site visits to corporations, trade shows and other venues to promote the various programs
- Represent the university at various recruiting events (travel required)
- Measure the effectiveness of events and activities by conducting feedback analysis (surveys, etc.); planning for continuous improvement
- Manage the design and development of online and print communications; public relations; and overall brand strategy for Corporate and Professional Programs
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytic reporting across multiple data sources, and extract critical insights for future marketing campaign development
- Manage the tactical day-to-day marketing operations, special corporate events, and continuing education programs
- Co-lead the coordinated conversion efforts for admitted target student populations
- Serve as point of contact for any general program inquiries, both degree and non-degree programs
- Engage with corporations, schools, alumni and engineering industry trade partners to promote the various educational programs.
- Supervise student employees (as needed)
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Office and database systems. Familiarity with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), CRM Systems, Salesforce, and email communication software are a bonus.
- Creative, proactive individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel regularly for information sessions and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing SEO guidelines based on analytics, search results, and value propositions. Ensure all campaigns are optimized accordingly.
- Experience developing and managing digital marketing plans and campaigns that incorporates social media (paid and organic).
- Understanding of Google Ads, affiliate advertising, and social media advertising, including (but not limited to) LinkedIn.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Metrics-driven marketing with an eye for creativity.
- Embrace and research new media technologies to enhance and streamline processes and increase marketing reach.
A complete application should include a cover letter and resume/CV uploaded to the completed online application. Failure to complete all the steps of our application process will negatively impact consideration of your candidacy.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Thorough knowledge of marketing and Business management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and methodology of marketing. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
REQ20101711 Posted Date: 06/09/2021 Apply