Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Creative Digital Content Producer and ManagerApply USC Shoah Foundation Los Angeles, California
Creative Digital Content Producer and Manager
Creative Digital Content Producer and Manager (Program Administrator)
We are currently seeking a Creative Digital Content Producer and Manager to join USC Shoah Foundation to oversee the planning and production of video, digital, and multimedia media projects.
The successful candidate contributes to the design and delivery of program content, strategic planning efforts, and policies. The candidate is responsible for overseeing the production and delivery of compelling video, digital and film content, within prescribed deadlines and for engaging outside producers and content providers and evaluating their performance. Plans and manages the production pipeline and assists with the development of and writes protocols and policies for the department. Also helps secures copyrights and clearances and assists on license agreements. Drafts project plans documents, policies and Budgets. The candidate must be highly organized, manage multiple projects at a time, and provide work guidance, direction and leadership for project team members.
The Creative Digital Content Manager also helps maintain global partnerships and plan for future business and monitors, analyzes and reports on digital engagement. He/she also serves as a support resource for staff on media development issues and will oversee staff, students, volunteers, agency workers and/or resource employees, as requested by the Director of Strategy, Partnerships and Media Production.
USC Shoah Foundation was founded by Steven Spielberg in 1994. This is a fixed-term position and a full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans, a competitive 401K plan, and education reimbursement.
- Oversee production of and coordinate video, film and multimedia projects undertaken by the USC Shoah Foundation Media Department. Provide editorial and creative input to ensure quality output. Help create strategy and screen, hire and oversee the work of content produces and editors and external vendors. Plan and conduct quality assurance reviews and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate global videotaped testimony collection effort and oversee production of short multimedia projects, including public facing videos, social media video content, subtitling, compilation reels, and marketing and promotion reels.
- Oversee productions with external media partners, production houses and movie studios. This includes helping maintain relationships and providing recommendations when requested. This may include acting as program lead and primary point of contact.
- Help oversee media and outreach initiatives with media organizations, private sector, civil society, organizations and government partners.
- Identify, establish and maintain best practices processes, procedures and tracking of the media department’s workflow, video assets, and projects.
- Secure copyrights, clearances, and licenses for video, audio and music. Liaise with creative content producers, production houses, agencies, stock websites and content providers to negotiate and clear all such items.
- Provide expertise to other departments within USC Shoah Foundation. This includes providing recommendations and direction on editorial and production issues, communicating expectations, and evaluating success.
- Develop strategies for marketing and outreach (e.g. developing marketing plans, personal networking, presentations and demonstrations, event planning, etc.)
- Develop project plans documents and Budgets. Provide financial status reports as requested.
- Assist with the development of and writes protocols and policies for the department.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, student workers, volunteers, graduate students, outside consultants, and/or other constituencies, as assigned and serves as a key resource for program information. Provide additional services to visitors of USC Shoah Foundation and when assigned, represents the Media Department at events to advance professional relationships.
- Oversee interns and temporary staff when requested, including recruitment and day-to-day assignment and management. Evaluates performances.
- Tracks analytics across different platforms on an ongoing basis and analyzes, reviews and reports on effectiveness of media strategy to maximize results).
- Stay informed of developments and trends in the industry to maintain a competitive edge and establishes an active network of professional contacts.
- Provide information and expertise to Advancement officers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated competence in all areas of digital content production and coordination of multimedia products.
- Thorough knowledge of video and audio production procedures, practices, techniques, equipment and terminology. Experience in video and documentary creation and editing, including subtitling, aftereffects and photoshop, as well familiarity with animation and motion graphics.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of storytelling techniques and narrative design and experience creating and providing editorial and visual input in on digital and broadcast content, including marketing and social media products.
- Experience in digital delivery and user engagement on multiple digital platforms, including managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven familiarity working with media and production partnerships with top-tier outlets.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain close working relationships with partners, supporters and colleagues.
- Demonstrated understanding of producing clear, credible, relevant and impactful content. Ability to compose clear and concise creative concept papers, creative briefs, communications and, when requested, marketing and promotion material.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with a variety of constituents to reach well-defined goals and ability to initiate activities independently and organize, prioritize and complete work in a timely manner amidst competing deadlines and requests.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of analytics tools and how to successfully utilize them to measure user engagement on multiple platforms, set benchmarks and meet goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, film production, English and/or a related field.
Master’s Degree in communication, journalism, film production, English and or a related field is preferred.
Three years of experience in a professional digital media production environment.
Seven-plus years of professional experience is preferred.
Experience in private partner development and marketing is preferred.
Please send a cover letter and 2 samples of videos/films you produced to email@example.com. Please explain your specific role and responsibilities in the production of the video/documentary.
REQ20062894 Posted Date: 02/08/2019 - Thru date - 2019-05-30 Apply