At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Customer Service Representative (9-Month Fixed Term)Apply USC Housing - Troy Housekeeping Los Angeles, California
USC Housing, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our students’ well-being is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking a Customer Services Representative (9-Month Fixed Term) to join our rapidly growing team.
The Customer Services Representative will be the first point of contact for our students, faculty, staff, parents, and guests. As a member of the Housing team, you will take pride in providing the best customer service and maintaining the University’s high standards for excellence. Our team keeps the work environment positive and friendly, so that we can always greet our guests with a smile. If you enjoy interacting with and helping guests, join us today!
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external customers. Meet customer needs, offer options, resolve problems, and follow up with customers. Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Identify and prioritize problems and issues related to service area. Perform research, offer solutions, options and strategies.
- Use information systems to input data, maintain databases, perform research for projects or issues, and generate reports.
- Process applications, releases, cancellations, adjustments, changes, requests, fees, invoices, and other related paperwork. Maintain quality/quantity standards. Verify contracts or forms for completeness and accuracy of information. Update and maintain all necessary records and/or logs.
- Represent department to students, parents, faculty, administrators, staff, and other outside customers. May act as representative for department at internal committee meetings such as Customer Service Planning Group. Make formal presentations as assigned.
- Train, schedule, assign, and prioritize workloads. Interpret operating policies and procedures. Ensure timely completion of department’s work. May lead student workers.
- Notify appropriate personnel in the event of an emergency. Maintain complete and accurate records of all student-or staff-related safety incidents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school or equivalent
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
REQ20067631 Posted Date: 11/07/2018 Apply