Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Datawarehouse Architect - Analytics and EDW - Full Time 8 Hour DaysApply IS Data Warehousing Los Angeles, California
The Principal Applications Analyst works at the strategic level and is responsible for the leadership and management efforts involved in resolution of complex interrelated business and applications issues associated with the information systems of Keck Medicine of USC. The strategic elements of this position require analytical skills to assist in defining business requirements and help the business develop solutions. This may include developing business models, systems to meet the global information needs of the business, developing and proposing high level applications and architectural standards and performing technical feasibility studies. Incumbents at this level evaluate and review applications software and systems, and prepare evaluation reports, which are reviewed with business technical management. In addition, incumbents provide a key role in defining and resolving system performance, data and architecture issues as well as planning and participating in major system installations. Incumbents provide training and work review to junior level staff. Additionally, will work with external vendors, system owners, community partners, contractors and Health Science Campus leadership to design, develop, implement and make operational information systems.
This incumbent will Identify and document information technology design specifications based on analysis/assessment of user needs and generate need-gap analyses. This person will use expert knowledge to generate and develop system scope and objective, analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and devise or modify procedures to solve problems using data processing. The Principal IT Analyst will work independently and lead complex system activities. This person may be responsible to instruct, direct and review the work of staff.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Or the equivalent combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in applications and systems domain technologies
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a lead role within the domain.
• 3 or more years of related experience including system design, documentation, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiarity with ITIL, AGILE, & SCRUM Frameworks
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support for service-related issues.
• Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
• Able to effectively interpret customer needs, assess requirements and identify solutions to nonstandard requests
• Able to explain difficult issues and work to build consensus
• Able to make appropriate decisions within guidelines and policies
• Able to act as a resource for colleagues and provide mentoring and coaching
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
REQ20051012 Posted Date: 06/15/2018 Apply