Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Digital Communications SpecialistApply Los Angeles, California
The Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics at the University of Southern California is seeking a Digital Communications Specialist to join the Center’s External Affairs department. This is a full-time, 3-year (renewable) fixed term position.
At the Schaeffer Center, we shape and effectively communicate evidence-based solutions that measurably improve lives and drive innovation in health care. The Schaeffer Center’s External Affairs department strategically engages with public and private sector policy communities to provide them with an evidence-base for policy solutions, and gains further notice of these solution and ideas through active engagement with the media.
The Digital Communications Specialist will translate Center research and findings into engaging content for multiple audiences and platforms. This Specialist will primarily be responsible for all social media, website postings, visual media, data visualizations, and infographics. Candidates should have an understanding of health policy and healthcare research. This position will also be responsible for accessing and tracking metrics and impact around Center outputs, including academic publications, media mentions, testimonies, etc. This full-time position offers growth potential for the ideal candidate.
- Designs and creates communication vehicles, tools, strategies and frameworks for enhancing and extending communication across all Center programs and activities to expand reach and brand of the Center, working in conjunction with the Center’s Policy Communications Editor.
- Produces creative outputs – graphics, infographics, data visualizations, and animations – for various platforms to further the outreach of Center work.
- Coordinates and implements posting schedule for both social media and website.
- Maintains the website, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of postings, and creation of engaging outputs to portray Center research.
- Collects relevant metrics to analyze the impact of Center work and outreach, including academic publications, citations, media mentions, and legislative impact.
- Leads social media efforts relevant to Center events, including pre-promotion and day-of coverage.
- Creates digital invitations and other outputs promoting Center events.
- Develops Center presentations, PowerPoint and other media, for select, high-profile events.
- Evaluates and follows procedures and USC Policy in accordance with communications and branding best practices to ensure quality control and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Please attach your cover letter and resume.
4 years progressive experience translating healthcare research and health policy into engaging visual content for multiple audiences/platforms and leading social media efforts
6 Years [Combined experience/education as substitute for experience.]
Minimum Fields of Expertise:
Proficiency in digital graphics, including data visualizations and infographics
Proficiency in social media
Proficiency in basic video animation
Proficiency in data interpretation and graphic representation
Proficiency in written and oral communications
Proficiency in WordPress
Proficiency in Tableau and/or other interactive data visualization programs
Designing Presentations (MS PowerPoint)
Understanding of health policy or healthcare research
Expertise in digital communications, including graphics, data visualizations, infographics, basic animations
Expertise in social media
Expertise in translating data into engaging, user-friendly content
Experience with health policy or related fields
About the Schaeffer Center:
The Schaeffer Center measurably improves value in health through evidence based policy solutions, research excellence, transformative education and private and public sector engagement. The Center is a unique collaboration of the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy and the USC School of Pharmacy. To learn more, please visit us on the web at healthpolicy.usc.edu, on Twitter @schaeffercenter, and on Facebook at facebook.com/SchaefferUSC.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Thorough knowledge of marketing and business management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and methodology of marketing. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
REQ20058523 Posted Date: 04/16/2018 Apply