"The University of Southern California is committed to excellence in teaching through strategies that foster the knowledge, skills, relationships, and values necessary for students to make real contributions in a rapidly changing world. USC is an equitable and diverse research university, and we recognize the many ways inclusivity strengthens our campus community. Our superb faculty have the exceptional responsibilities of creating new knowledge and instructing and guiding our passionate, hardworking student body" –Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Director of USC Care Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services Clinical Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences (Clinician Educator)Apply Keck School of Medicine Faculty Los Angeles, California
The Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of USC is seeking a board-certified and California licensed / license-eligible psychiatrist to serve as the Director of USC Care Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services. The position will be comprised of approximately 50% time for administration, management, and leadership activities, and 50% time for clinical care services across different sites (Consultation-Liaison, Integrated, and Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services on the USC Health Sciences and University Park Campuses).
The director will report to and work closely with the Chair of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences regarding all clinical, administrative, and educational functions within USC Care Psychiatric Services overseeing all Clinical Service Directors and faculty members.
In addition, the director will assist the Chair to achieve strategic goals, including expanding patient access, improving quality of clinical care, tracking measurement-based outcomes and productivity metrics, promoting collaboration across divisions and departments, and elevating department profile across the university and the nation; promote fiscally responsible clinical operations; lead recruitment and retention efforts for excellent and diverse faculty; and design, implement, and evaluate new programs and initiatives within USC Care Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services.
- Lead all administrative, clinical, educational, and personnel activities
- Oversee clinical operations across all USC Care Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services:
- Outpatient Services on the USC Health Sciences and University Park Campuses
- Consultation-Liaison Services at Keck and Norris Hospitals
- Integrated and Collaborative Care Services at the USC Health Sciences Campus
- Participate in University, health system, departmental, and division meetings and committees as assigned
- Provide mental health support for the USC Value Based Services Organization (VBSO) to help reduce medical spending on high utilizers of care
- Direct and oversee initiatives in quality assurance/compliance, quality improvement, and patient safety through the collection and analysis of data from the Electronic Medical Record and other sources
- Provide direct patient care services and clinical consultation and guidance on all services
- Collaborate with faculty educators to provide training to medical students, psychiatry residents and fellows, and trainees from other allied disciplines
- MD or DO Board certified by ABPN in Psychiatry
- Licensed or license-eligible in the state of California
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading healthcare organizations or units
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and experience in working with diverse patients, faculty, and staff
- Commitment to the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity
- Desire for continuing professional growth and commitment to excellence
- Master’s degree in health administration (MHA) or Business Administration (MBA)
- Bilingual or multilingual is considered a plus but not required
Application Deadline: Until position is filled.
Starting Date: Negotiable
This is a faculty position in the Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. Salary is competitive, and contingent on experience. A generous benefits package includes health insurance, sick time, paid vacation, tuition assistance for eligible employees and their eligible dependents, professional days, and a stipend for professional development.
For inquiries contact: Mary Nguyen (email@example.com) with the subject line “Application for Director of USC Care Position”.
Please apply at the link above or below and upload:
- Your CV
- A cover letter expressing your interest/fit for this position and specific experience leading behavioral healthcare organizations, including goals and outcomes achieved. Please include any experience working with diverse patients/faculty/staff if applicable.
- Three (3) references from current/former direct supervisors, with ideally at least one (1) that can speak to the candidate’s experience leading a behavioral healthcare group or organization
USC values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. The Department of Psychiatry strongly values diversity, equity, inclusion and is committed to hiring excellent and diverse faculty. All genders and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is. USC is one of the world’s leading private research universities with approximately 48,500 students from all 50 states and boasts one of the largest international student bodies in the country. USC is located in the heart of Los Angeles, a culturally rich metropolitan city, and is close to both beach and mountains with wonderful outdoor recreation opportunities. The mild temperatures along with the city’s average of 329 days of sun per year makes Los Angeles a wonderful city to live and work.
REQ20095992 Posted Date: 02/17/2021 Apply