Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment ManagerApply Graduate and Professional Programs Los Angeles, California
The Graduate and Professional Programs office provides services for prospective and currently enrolled Master’s, Doctoral, and non-degree earning continuing education students at the Viterbi School of Engineering.
Graduate and Professional Programs is seeking a marketing professional to serve as a Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Manager. The individual will identify and lead strategies to attract, recruit and retain underrepresented minorities into graduate engineering degree programs within the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
The individual in this role will build relationships with internal partners and external organizations to attract diverse student talent, as well as stay abreast of current trends in outreach recruitment. The individual hired will conduct a regular analysis of data available for the underrepresented student population in baccalaureate STEM fields. The data analysis will assist the individual in understanding the targeted population’s undergraduate institutions, potential graduate engineering disciplines of interest and the desire for engineering master’s and doctoral level education. The individual will regularly conduct focus groups with USC Viterbi’s current underrepresented student population and allied faculty, in an effort to improve outreach efforts.
The individual will design, implement and evaluate all marketing campaigns for the targeted student population. The evaluation includes regularly connecting with prospective students to understand the drivers for their final enrollment decisions, whether at USC Viterbi or other institutions.
The individual will develop formal USC Viterbi partnerships with targeted affinity groups, academic institutions, corporate and military partners. This includes developing strategies to collaborate with colleges and universities who have traditionally served underrepresented minority student populations. This includes hosting exploratory meetings and focus groups in order to gain insight into the varying needs of the institutions and their student populations.
The Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Manager will report directly to the Executive Director for Corporate and Professional Programs within the USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s Graduate and Professional Programs Office. As part of the position, there will be regular coordination with the engineering doctoral recruitment team, graduate student affairs and the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Programs.
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement overall marketing strategy to recruit underrepresented minority students in graduate level engineering programs; adequately track the performance of all marketing campaigns for the targeted population.
- Promote Viterbi School of Engineering graduate level programs through virtual and in-person recruitment events to audiences around the United States.
- Develop and recommend a marketing budget for the target population; Manage budget through the full recruitment and conversion cycle.
- Meet and collaborate regularly with engineering doctoral program recruitment team, incorporating a niche strategy for the underrepresented student population.
- Meet and collaborate with the graduate student affairs team(s) to understand the enrolled underrepresented student climate; meet with and advocate for underrepresented engineering graduate student organizations.
- Oversees the development of all online and print collateral for the target population; partner internally to ensure that the target population is included in all graduate engineering program collateral.
- Pursue target lists of potential partner organizations for list buys and purchases.
- Research and lead SEO and PPC campaigns for the target audience.
- Conduct research on the needs and challenges to develop outreach efforts and marketing strategies.
- Creates, maintains and updates database with prospective student information; Tracks all touch points with the target student population and partner organizations.
- Connects and develops relationships with senior level decision makers; coordinate dialogue with Executive Director and Senior Associate Dean.
- Serve as liaison between prospective underrepresented students and the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. Effectively communicates student needs with Viterbi leadership team. Works across business functions and establishes credibility.
- Effectively utilizes consultative selling skills and provides high-touch customer service.
- Assist the Executive Director, as needed, on proposals and Memorandums of Understanding to drive increase graduate diversity with the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
Required Applicant Documents
2. Cover Letter
These documents may be submitted as one PDF. Applications will not be considered complete without these documents.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Thorough knowledge of marketing and business management. Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts and methodology of marketing. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
REQ20052698 Posted Date: 11/01/2017 Apply