Information Technology Services
At Information Technology Services, our goal is to be the university's trusted business partner by creating a culture of exceptional customer service. Bringing together a team of diverse and talented professionals, we provide the central IT services that support USC's schools, hospitals, research centers, and administrative units. Through our recently launched digital transformation initiatives, we aim to develop an environment of continuous service improvement, founded on cross-functional teamwork, industry best practices, innovation, and commitment to the customer experience.
Engagement SpecialistApply Engagement, Culture & Communications ITS Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Engagement Specialist with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team. As the Engagement Specialist, you will be an integral member of the Engagement, Culture, and Communications team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.
ITS has embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to continually improve services for faculty, staff, and students in support of USC’s ascent as a leading institution of higher education. The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university’s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USC’s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
The candidate for the position of Engagement Specialist must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, human resource management, communications, marketing, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of experience in organizational development, communications, information technology, or higher education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience of at least one change management methodology (e.g., Prosci).
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members and a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements and translate them into specific impacts for stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and work with large and complex organizations.
- Proven ability to present technical topics in a business-oriented fashion to non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate for the position of Engagement Specialist has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field such as business administration, human resource management, communications, marketing, etc.
- Four or more years of experience in organizational development, communications, information technology, or higher education.
- Prosci certification.
- Strong understanding of business processes within information technology environments.
- Strong understanding of higher education institutions and stakeholders.
- Experience supporting change management programs for organizations undergoing significant organizational transformations.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Engagement Specialist supports organizational engagement and change management efforts for the ITS organization. The Engagement Specialist assists with strategic planning for and execution of organizational change initiatives, stakeholder engagement, impact analysis, and business-readiness assessments to support the development of a leading-edge organization. The Engagement Specialist provides change management support for a variety of projects, ensuring consistent application of engagement and change management methodologies. As a member of ITS, the Engagement Specialist demonstrates ITS values in action.
The Engagement Specialist:
- Supports a broad range of engagement activities and change initiatives throughout ITS and in ITS-supported projects. Contributes to the development and application of consistent engagement and change methodologies across all initiatives. Builds and maintains strong relationships with ITS departments and staff and a broad range of customers, partners, and key stakeholders from administrative and academic units.
- Promotes organization engagement and capacity for change throughout the university and beyond by sharing successes and adapting from lessons learned. Participates in engagement initiatives at the university level. Engages with appropriate professional associations to extend visibility of ITS's achievements in organization engagement and change leadership.
- Supports internal and external governance structures. Drives meetings through the effective development of agendas and supporting materials and the management of meeting logistics.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive stakeholder engagement programs that integrate populations, communication vehicles, and other activities across all ITS operations and projects. Utilizes dedicated software resources to enable effective and efficient stakeholder engagement.
- Manages the development of frameworks that support improved future-state organizational design and alignment. Collaborates with ITS leadership and departments to build effective transformation programs and resources. Drives continuous improvements in operations and services through the application of sound engagement and change management methodologies. Plans and facilitates meetings and other activities to support change engagement.
- Develops innovative approaches to engage internal and external stakeholders. Maintains a strong professional network. Invests in professional development to stay abreast of emerging methodologies and experiences in peer organizations.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors, including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Supports the vision for Engagement, Culture, and Communications. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for engagement. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
REQ20194007 Posted Date: 04/03/2019 Apply