"The University of Southern California is committed to excellence in teaching through strategies that foster the knowledge, skills, relationships, and values necessary for students to make real contributions in a rapidly changing world. USC is an equitable and diverse research university, and we recognize the many ways inclusivity strengthens our campus community. Our superb faculty have the exceptional responsibilities of creating new knowledge and instructing and guiding our passionate, hardworking student body" –Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Family Medicine Residency Program Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine (Clinician Educator)Apply Keck School of Medicine Faculty Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
Keck Medicine of USC Department of Family Medicine is seeking a board-certified family medicine physician to join our team as Core Faculty in our new ACGME-accredited 6-6-6 Family Medicine Residency Program in Los Angeles, CA (inaugural class to begin July 2021).
Keck Medicine of USC is an academic tertiary-quaternary healthcare system with rapidly expanding primary care infrastructure. The Keck Medicine Family Medicine Residency Program’s mission is to train Family Medicine physician trailblazers to transform primary care and promote health equity and wellness for all. Highlights of our program include resident continuity experience in diverse urban settings following a “Clinic-First” Model, partnership with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Federally Qualified Health Center AltaMed Health Services, and innovative Street Medicine program providing primary care and “reality-based medicine” to unsheltered patients.
Core Faculty will provide both direct and supervising patient care primarily in the outpatient setting with opportunities to develop inpatient service. Priority may be given to candidates with clinical expertise in inpatient, Sports Medicine, and POCUS, as well as experience in program and curriculum development.
- 70% Clinical Care, including:
- 20% Supervising Patient Care: with increasing time as the residency program builds to full complement of 18 residents by July 2023
- 50% Direct Patient Care: maintain active patient panel at one of five Keck Family Medicine Clinics
- 30% Residency administrative time, including:
- Participation and leadership in didactics and curriculum development
- Regular rotation and resident evaluation and feedback
- Participation in Residency Program Evaluation Committee and Clinical Competency Committee
- Faculty development activities to enhance teaching, administrative, and leadership skills
- Serve as an advisor and role model for professionalism, quality and patient safety, and well-being
- Collaborate on and contribute to research in any of the following areas:
- healthcare workforce diversity
- patient safety/quality improvement
- community-oriented primary care
- healthcare effectiveness
- physician well-being and resilience
- integrated health service delivery models
- social determinants in primary care training
- culturally congruent health care
Education and Certification
- MD or DO degree
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine residency
- Current board certification by ABFM or AOBFM
- Current medical licensure in the state of California
- Current DEA licensure with full prescriptive authority
- At least five years’ experience as a practicing Family Medicine physician
- At least two years’ experience as faculty in an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine residency program
- Knowledge and experience in team-based primary care models, telehealth, and electronic health records
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellence as a clinician and educator
- For Residency Program activities: Reports to the Residency Program Director
- For direct patient care: Reports to the Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
REQ20097325 Posted Date: 02/08/2021 Apply