At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Food Service Assistant Manager, California Pizza KitchenApply USC Hospitality - RTCC Retail Los Angeles, California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
Students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the Trojan campus count on USC Hospitality to provide a fresh, made-to-order, nourishing meal. The RTCC offers a diverse range of convenient dining options, including California Pizza Kitchen, Little Galen, Rosso Oro’s, Popovich Café, The Habit Burger Grill, Lemonade, Panda Express, Seeds Marketplace, Tutor Hall Café, Urbn Mrkt, and Verde. We are proud to provide innovative handcrafted dishes, beach-inspired local fare, savory home-style meals and plates from around the world all in one convenient setting. Our guests can also enjoy grab-and-go snacks, pastries, and their favorite coffee beverages at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, the Annenberg Cart, The Café, Literatea, Starbucks, Nektar and the Law Café. Amidst all of the hustle and bustle of student life, our eateries are the ideal social gathering locations to grab a quick bite or enjoy a group meal.
We are seeking a Food Service Assistant Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
The Food Service Assistant Manager will be leading our team in the pursuit of continued excellence, and you will have a chance to make a difference in how this vision is achieved. You will oversee our fine dining operations, from employee management to event marketing. Our team is focused on creating a positive, customer-service oriented work environment for both guests and other team members. You will be responsible for furthering this passion and carrying on our USC pride!
- Place orders of approved products with university approved suppliers and schedule delivery of food, beverages, and supplies. Ensure that inventories are taken on a weekly basis so that goods are being ordered according to business needs. Ensure all logs completed.
- Monitor employee performance on a day-to-day basis. Administer coaching and written performance evaluations. Provide detailed work guidelines to ensure a clear understanding of expectations from direct reports. Measure and address performance and provide verbal or written feedback as necessary.
- Effectively communicate the necessary operating procedures and guidelines to all the employees under areas of responsibility that are necessary to achieve the operating and financial goals of the units and the Department.
- Facilitate daily pre-shift meetings to inform staff of any immediate changes in the operation and provide them with information on new promotions and special events. Facilitate monthly meetings with all the employees to inform them of changes, expectations, standards, training classes available, and employment opportunities throughout the Department.
- Assign cleaning duties. Upkeep equipment and request repairs when necessary.
- Review financial data on a daily basis and take active steps to control food, beverage, and labor costs. Oversee daily departmental sales figures. Balance cash to sales figures. Ensure staff hours are appropriate for business volume.
- Employee interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and counseling. Schedule employees and direct reports to attend training classes. Facilitate and develop Unit specific training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate’s Degree.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Supervisory or lead experience in fine dining restaurant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable health and safety standards.
- Customer service experience.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of experience.
- Ability to supervise students, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Experience training and developing employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20069220 Posted Date: 01/08/2019 Apply