At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Food Service Supervisor, Seeds MarketplaceApply USC Hospitality - RTCC - Seeds Marketplace Los Angeles, California
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
Students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the Trojan campus count on USC Hospitality to provide a fresh, made-to-order, nourishing meal. The RTCC offers a diverse range of convenient dining options, including California Pizza Kitchen, Little Galen, Rosso Oro’s, Fertitta Café, Popovich Café, The Habit Burger Grill, Lemonade, Panda Express, Seeds Marketplace, Tutor Hall Café, Urbn Mrkt, and Verde. We are proud to provide innovative handcrafted dishes, beach-inspired local fare, savory home-style meals and plates from around the world all in one convenient setting. Our guests can also enjoy grab-and-go snacks, pastries, and their favorite coffee beverages at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, the Annenberg Cart, The Café, Literatea, Starbucks, Nektar and the Law Café. Amidst all of the hustle and bustle of student life, our eateries are the ideal social gathering locations to grab a quick bite or enjoy a group meal.
We are seeking a Food Service Supervisor to join our rapidly growing team.
Enthusiastic, dedicated, supportive, and hardworking – these are just a few of the ways we describe our team. The Food Service Supervisor will lead us in the pursuit of continued excellence, and will have a chance to make a difference in how this vision is achieved. As our coach and mentor, you will direct all of our fine dining operations, from employee management to event marketing. We are focused on creating a warm, welcoming, and inclusive environment for both our guests and our other team members. You will be responsible for furthering this passion and carrying on our USC pride!
- Assist the Management team by providing performance feedback for employees. Supervise, coach, counsel, and train employees when necessary. Facilitate pre-shift meeting to keep staff up-to-date on expectations and inform staff of important events or issues. Ensure staff attends training as required. Understand Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Monitor staff to ensure they are preforming proper job duties and taking breaks per University policy. Perform a closing check of all stations. Enter information into daily reports, fill out deposit log, enter waste numbers, and total the sales each day.
- Complete temperature logs. Report any issues to appropriate parties.
- Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area.
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- Track inventory and order products, as needed. Manage food and labor costs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of catering and food service.
- Ability to supervise, train, and develop employees.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-volume restaurant environment.
- Knowledge of standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
What We Prefer:
- 4 years of experience.
- Experience training, supervising, and developing employees.
- Knowledge of supply management, inventory ordering, and budgeting.
- Union experience.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20043707 Posted Date: 06/29/2017 Apply