At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Front Office Manager, USC HotelApply USC Hotel - Rooms 4 Los Angeles, California
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the USC Hotel offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Front Office Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
As guests check into or out of the Hotel, they will rely on our front desk team to provide them with efficient and accurate information, in a friendly and respectful manner. As the Front Office Manager, you will lead, coach, train, develop, and evaluate our team as we continue to provide exceptional customer service. We constantly strive to provide the best USC experience, and we hope that you can help us exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Responsible for the overall front of the house guest experience to include registration, creative guest problem resolution, correct billing and cordial appreciation upon departure. Assigns specific tasks to front desk agents relative to credit, missing addresses/registration information, posting charges, and overall cleanliness and organization of the front desk.
- Recruit, screen, hire, train, and directly supervise all assigned subordinate staff. Plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee activities of front office staff on a daily basis. Ensure the Front Office team follows all GOLD standards of customer service and standard operating procedures, including USC’s credit limit policies. Identify training needs, resolve issues/problems, coach the front office team to ensure a quality operation. Evaluate employee performance and provide guidance and feedback. Counsel, discipline, and/or terminate employees as required.
- Respond to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information, and guest concerns. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue. Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests’ preferences and special requests. Ensure safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security or manager on duty.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, and problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other departments (e.g., housekeeping, reservations, restaurants, etc.).
- Ensures all Front Office quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Assists in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations. Assists with revenue management, and the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotel's room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
- Ensures the timely completion of performance appraisals. Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department employees.
- Helps analyze and generates guest issue, billing, and daily reports, and communicates information to staff and appropriate departments. Assembles, tracks and interprets financial and operational plans for the rooms department to include in the annual hotel budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Directly related management experience in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
What We Prefer:
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System.
- Experience motivating and leading other employees.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Managerial and purchasing experience in similar type of division.
REQ20068395 Posted Date: 01/10/2019 Apply