At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Gate Service Ambassador, HSC OperationsApply USC Transportation Srvcs - Field Personnel Day Los Angeles, California
In the ever-expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options. USC Transportation has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking a Gate Service Ambassador to join our rapidly growing team.
The Guest Service Ambassador will be the first point of contact for our students, faculty, staff, parents, and guests. As a gate attendant for the Transportation team, you will take pride in providing the best customer service and maintaining the University’s high standards for excellence. Our team keeps the work environment positive and friendly, so that we can always greet our guests with a smile. If you enjoy interacting with and helping guests, join us today!
- Collect parking charges if revenue control equipment is not in service or during special events as required. Process various parking transactions in a high capacity environment, working quickly and accurately with minimal supervision. Record and reconcile parking transactions. Must be able to perform mathematical transactions manually if POS goes down.
- Provide information, directions, and assistance to campus visitors using the parking facilities. Observe parking structure(s) and surrounding areas around gate entrance booth(s).Open/close lots or gate entrances for business and controls exits by revenue control equipment.
- Report problems, such as missing parking signs, equipment failure, needed repairs, and other general maintenance needs to supervisor and/or designated staff. Contact campus police to report vehicle or pedestrian accidents and other problems where DPS action is needed.
- Ensure necessary forms and supplies are available in the entrance booth/s, including appropriate revenue envelope, cash revenue and other monies from parking revenue is reconciled with MOD.
- Study and maintain currency with all applicable policies and procedures, contracts, and related legal issues.
- Notify appropriate personnel in the event of an emergency. Maintain complete and accurate records of all student- or staff-related safety incidents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 1 year.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Cash handling experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years of experience of relevant customer service experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school or equivalent
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Experience:
One to three years of customer service
REQ20067656 Posted Date: 11/13/2018 Apply