At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
General Painter, USC HousingApply Housing - Maintenance Auxiliary Services Los Angeles, California
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
USC Housing, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe, and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our students’ wellbeing is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking a General Painter to join our rapidly growing team.
The General Painter will have the opportunity to paint, refinish, and decorate our numerous locations around campus. Each of our locations is different, and will require that you are creative and attentive to detail. Our team is a diligent, dedicated, and seasoned group of professionals that take pride in maintaining the beauty of the Trojan campuses. We need you to bring expertise and a positive, friendly demeanor to enhance our supportive work environment!
- Perform standard paint, furniture refinishing, and decorating tasks. Work from blueprints, specifications, and plans.
- Perform plaster repair and other related types of repair.
- Finish drywall (taping).
- Estimate materials required for specific job components.
- Match colors.
- Maintain clean job site throughout duration and clean up job site following work completion.
- Maintain safe working conditions for self and others. Store and maintain supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Prepare reports and/or maintenance records, as needed.
- Respond to on-call emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 2 years.
- Experience performing standard trade-related procedures.
- General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Experience in matching colors.
- Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
- Familiar with painting and gas codes.
Valid driver's license may be required.
What We Prefer:
- Specialized or technical training.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience performing standard trade-related procedures. General knowledge of trade- related methods, materials, tools, and equipment. Experience in matching colors. Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety. Familiar with painting and gas codes.
REQ20080741 Posted Date: 10/09/2019 Apply