Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Home Department Payroll/Personnel Coordinator IApply Keck School of Medicine Los Angeles, California
The Department of Translational Genomics of Keck School of Medicine is seeking an energetic, positive change-oriented Human Resources professional to fill the Home Department Payroll and Personnel Coordinator role. This position will play a leading role in cultivating an environment that values a sense of community and teamwork.
The Home Department Payroll and Personnel Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact to provide expertise and guidance on all Human Resources and Payroll-related issues to the department’s academic and administrative leadership. This position serves as a critical liaison with Keck School of Medicine (KSOM) Human Resources, Service Center, Payroll Services, and Faculty Affairs, among others.
- Serves as the department’s primary point of contact for HR and Payroll topics and key liaison with KSOM HR and University HR-related functions. Advises department chair, faculty, and Department Administrator on university policies, practices and statutory requirements and ensures compliance.
- Works with the Office of Faculty Affairs, assist department administrator on faculty-related functions such as recruitment, retention, and promotion.
- In coordination with KSOM HR, guides supervisors in best practices for employee supervision and resolution of employee relations and performance issues. Advises on corrective or disciplinary actions. Responsible for detailed record-keeping for matters related to employee relation issues and disciplinary actions.
- Perform payroll-related responsibilities. Tasks include assisting faculty, staff and students on entering/approving time in Workday, process check requests, reconcile pay results, and picking up checks from payroll office as needed.
- Oversees recruitment and placement activities. Provides feedback and prepares paperwork to open and post positions, assists supervisors with candidate screening, and implements best recruitment practices.
- Develops and streamlines department onboarding procedures. Provides advice and support to new faculty and staff, collects required paperwork, and coordinates with applicable offices to set up system access and office equipment.
- In coordination with KSOM HR, provides information and analysis related to position salary range, salary adjustments, reclassifications, and promotions.
- Department point of contact related to benefits, leaves, disability and workers compensation, and other services and refers cases to KSOM HR and/or University HR as needed.
- Coordinates with Office of International Services and Faculty/Staff Visa Services to process and track visas, permanent residences applications, and labor certifications.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 5 years of personnel and payroll management experience
- Expertise: HR and Payroll experience in a university setting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- One or more of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.
REQ20118949 Posted Date: 06/27/2022 Apply