At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Hotel HousekeeperApply USC Radisson - Rooms- Housekeeping Los Angeles, California
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the Radisson Midtown Hotel at USC offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Housekeeper to join our rapidly growing team.
At the Radisson, we focus on creating an exceptional experience for our guests from the moment that they walk in our doors. This begins with you! As a Housekeeper, you will ensure we are welcoming our visitors in a warm, clean, and friendly environment. Our guests will rely on your knowledge of the hotel and its procedures, and we are confident that you will provide them the best USC experience.
- Perform standard housekeeping procedures. Clean and service assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner.
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff, students and guests. Respond to requests from guests, supervisors, or management timely and in a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Comply with all university policies and procedures and with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma not required.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Some knowledge of housekeeping trade.
- Knowledge of all cleaning standards and methods, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
- Experience in fast-paced hotel environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- CareerGrowth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than high school
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Some knowledge of housekeeping trade. Knowledge of all cleaning standards and methods, materials, and equipment. Knowledge of and compliance with the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment. Proven customer service experience. Ability to speak and write in English. Valid driver's license may be required. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
REQ20067123 Posted Date: 11/05/2018 Apply