At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
HR Coordinator (6 Month Fixed-Term)Apply USC Auxiliary Services - Human Resources Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
At the core of Auxiliary Services, the Human Resources and Payroll team focuses on employee and labor relations, learning and development, recruiting, hiring, compensation, and payroll services for the vast and diverse division. Whatever the position or whomever the employee, we are here to help make the workplace both as challenging and as rewarding as possible. It is our mission to ensure that our team members receive the best USC experience throughout their careers at the University by creating a spirited culture of excellence and community.
We are seeking an HR Coordinator (6 Month Fixed-Term) to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you highly organized, an excellent multitasker, and attentive to detail? Do you take pride in your ability to provide exceptional customer service and remain calm under pressure? Then this is the job for you! As our HR Coordinator, you will be a vital resource for our HR Managers performing a variety of human resources functions, including on-boarding workers compensation, leaves of absences, disabilities, compensation, employee relations and other personnel processes. Our goal is to serve our units efficiently, accurately, and with a smile. If you can help us do accomplish all this and more, then join us today!
- Prepare, review, and distribute all onboarding, new hire, transfer, and separation communications.
- Maintain, monitor, and track all leave of absence communication, including FMLA documentation, leave of absence notifications, MLRB preparation, and the employee workplace injury log.
- Prepare and maintain a tracking system for job abandonment letters, coaching and counseling records, current employee relations issues, etc.
- Prepare, review, and process a variety of payroll and personnel documents and reports. Determine nature of transaction and process required. Make necessary computations and gather all pertinent data, including backup documentation as needed. Address problems and incomplete payroll and personnel paperwork and assist in problem resolution.
- Ensure paperwork and reports are complete, accurate, appropriate, and processed in a timely manner. Comply with payroll and personnel policies and procedures. Follow-up to ensure incomplete paperwork or inappropriate requests are addressed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Serve as an internal contact in the research and resolution of payroll or personnel problems. Interface with central payroll and personnel departments to resolve problems and assist employees in obtaining information and services. Respond to general inquiries, and unusual or moderately complex situations. Convey information to employees or refer them directly to the personnel or payroll offices. Refer complex situations or issues to supervisor.
- Collect and compile information from employees and supervisors regarding complaints and grievances.
- Process new-hire packages, exceptions, transfers, and promotions. Input information to online system to establish pay lines and to generate payments due. Research missing documentation or discrepancies.
- Enter new hire, unit, and account information into Kronos Timekeeper. Reconcile with AIS to be sure information matches and is accurate.
- Assist with the development, preparation, and distribution of compensation communication materials.
- Assist with analysis on salary increase guidelines using internal data and external survey data.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of human resources and/or payroll experience.
- Knowledge of related University policies and procedures.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.
REQ20061911 Posted Date: 07/05/2018 Apply