At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Human Resources Business PartnerApply Auxiliary Services - Human Resources Auxiliary Services Los Angeles, California
Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
At the core of Auxiliary Services, the Human Resources and Payroll team focuses on employee and labor relations, learning and development, recruiting, hiring, compensation, and payroll services for the vast and diverse division. Whatever the position or whomever the employee, we are here to help make the workplace both as challenging and as rewarding as possible. It is our mission to ensure that our team members receive the best USC experience throughout their careers at the University by creating a spirited culture of excellence and community.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to join our rapidly growing team.
As our Human Resources Business Partner, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our organization and our employees’ experiences. You will serve as the main point of contact for our unit managers, communicating their needs and expectations to our HR team. As we strive to create the best USC experience for our employees, you will be vital to ensuring our policies and procedures are up to date!
- Advise and assist management and employees in the administration and review of all employee leave requests. Review leave requests and analyze data to determine leave eligibility in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. Provide notification of request. Conduct interactive dialogue to determine if reasonable accommodations can be made. Review statutory leaves in Workday based on eligibility and related documentation. Resolve problems and escalate issues (including potential Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) issues) to University Leave Specialist and/or management.
- Provide consultative services to employees and supervisors on leaves of absences covering eligibility, length of absences, and job protection. Conduct all necessary follow up with management and employees with respect to extensions, return to work notices, leave status and updates, work restrictions, and required forms.
- Provide support and advice to managers in administering policies and procedures, investigating employee issues, coaching, and guidance to improve employee performance
- Assist the Associate Director, Employee and Labor Relations in creating and preparing standardized policies and procedures, job descriptions, addendums, requests for compensation change, employee reclassifications, and promotions.
- Responsible for coordinating the on-boarding of new hires and transfers, including separations. Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and provide information on trends.
- Assist managers’ with unit specific requests and processes.
- Assist the Associate Director, Employee and Labor Relations with special projects and requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Personnel generalist experience providing thorough knowledge of laws governing payroll and personnel.
- Managerial and budgeting experience.
- Ability to lead, coach, train, and evaluate employees.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Prefer:
- 5 years of personnel and payroll management experience in a University setting.
- Thorough knowledge of unionized environments.
- One or more of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Union environment experience preferred
REQ20078652 Posted Date: 08/13/2019 Apply