Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC includes the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school; the renowned USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States; the USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice; the Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals: 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC and 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital; and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital. It also includes more than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the Top 10 hospitals in the state and among the Top 50 hospitals in the United States in seven specialties: ophthalmology, urology, cancer, geriatrics, orthopedic surgery, nephrology and cardiology and heart surgery.
Innovation Strategist - Application Strategy & Transformation - Full Time 8 Hour DaysApply USCKH - IS General Administration Los Angeles, California
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Associate Administrator, Application Strategy and Transformation, the Innovation Strategist supports organizational initiatives and technology innovation to transform the experience of patients, families, and staff. The Innovation Strategist collaborates across the organization to understand and assess the feasibility and application of healthcare innovation opportunities both public and private to ensure alignment with the healthcare system’s strategic plan.
Working with a team of senior team members, the Innovation Strategist supports healthcare technology innovations by assisting in the development of a standardized intake and evaluation process allowing for rapid assessment and evaluation of submissions and proposals. Key areas of focus will include: innovation assessment and evaluation, growing structural knowledge of IS platforms, up-to-date expert knowledge on budding technologies, and stakeholder support:
- Support strategic initiatives that enable operational and clinical efficiency and identify areas of improvement through close collaboration with cross-functional representatives to understand incoming innovation requests.
- Build a strong understanding of innovation opportunities and present fact-based recommendations to the team to enable effective decisions.
- Contribute to the team’s knowledge base of innovative technologies through collaboration and knowledge transfer opportunities.
- Actively manage relationships and shepherd through new ideas including ownership of engagement, designing and monitoring key metrics, tracking performance, and providing change management guidance with some oversight.
- Enable the use of data-analytics and clinical informatics to facilitate change management for clinical, research, and patient care-centered efficiencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other related disciplines.
• 3-5 years’ experience in innovation, strategy or informatics, and/or experience leading the implementation of new solutions, improvements, strategy, etc.
• Strong critical thinking problem solving skills. Comfort with data and analysis to support recommendations and drive decision making.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a fast paced, ambiguous, and complex environment with some supervision.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with solid presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences.
• Creative, flexible, strategic thinker, able to work in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships.
• Passion for learning with the desire to grow within an organization.
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
REQ20042940 Posted Date: 05/30/2017 Apply