"The University of Southern California is committed to excellence in teaching through strategies that foster the knowledge, skills, relationships, and values necessary for students to make real contributions in a rapidly changing world. USC is an equitable and diverse research university, and we recognize the many ways inclusivity strengthens our campus community. Our superb faculty have the exceptional responsibilities of creating new knowledge and instructing and guiding our passionate, hardworking student body" –Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Instructional Assistant Professor of GerontologyApply Faculty Faculty Los Angeles, California
The USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology is seeking an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach in the Master's degree programs. The following list of duties applies to a typical instructional faculty member. Please note that some faculty position includes a combination of teaching and administrative or service duties, as noted below:
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes. Faculty members are expected to teach a minimum of three four-unit courses each semester.
• Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations related to geriatrics, microbiology, nutrition, and health.
• Participate in program-level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
• Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in the textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
We seek a candidate who has a true passion for the field of Gerontology and possesses a field related degree. Candidates who have professional, teaching, medical background and/or MD are preferred. Applicants should have a broad and critical understanding of topics related to diseases of aging. Full-Time Instructional Professors will spend the majority of their time on teaching and teaching-related duties.
Applicants must provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three names for references. Review of applications will begin immediatelyand will continue until the position is filled.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
REQ20077782 Posted Date: 07/29/2019 Apply