At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Lead ElectricianApply Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Los Angeles, California
Nicknamed The Greatest Stadium in the World, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted college football, professional football, two Olympics, a World Series game and numerous concerts since 1923. As the home for Trojan Football and the Los Angeles Rams, the Coliseum has become a symbol for University excellence and spirit. USC has committed $270 million to Coliseum renovations to guarantee its continuing presence as a premiere stadium well into the future, serving all Angelenos and Trojans alike.
We are seeking a Lead Electrician to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you a master of your trade? Are you enthusiastic about providing exceptional service? Then come join us! As our Lead Electrician, you will oversee the Coliseum’s electrical systems, ensuring that our guests get to enjoy the most up-to-date and safest systems. We are dedicated to making the Coliseum the very best it can be for our guests, and you will help us ensure that they have a memorable experience!
- Installs, repairs, and maintains facility electrical systems and equipment in accordance with local city, state, and federal building codes. Works with various tools and equipment, including power sub-stations, load centers, transformers, light towers, breaker panels, motors, switches, lighters, decorative and office lighting, and control systems and develops blueprints, specifications, and schematic diagrams.
- Installs electrical systems designed to modernize facilities, create more efficiencies, and upgrade current or install new electrical systems.
- Works to identify methods of balancing power load of facilities and identify energy savings and efficiencies in electrical systems.
- Responsible for understanding and diagnosing various electrical diagrams and schematics with relation to the facilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma or completion of 4 year apprenticeship program. 4 years of experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a 4 year apprenticeship program.
- Experience: 5 years.
- Experience performing standard trade-related procedures.
- General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- General knowledge of electrical codes.
- Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
- Journeyman experience.
What We Prefer:
- Trades Certification/Apprenticeship and 5 years of industry experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, engineering, or related field.
- 2 years of industry experience.
- Understanding and working knowledge of large venue, facility, or public assembly building operations and maintenance.
- Experience with and comprehension of high voltage power, conversion, and electrical safety procedures.
- General knowledge of electrical codes.
- Design of basic facility power drawings, schematics, or blueprints.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of four year apprenticeship program
Minimum Field of Expertise
Four years experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a four year apprenticeship program. Additional five years minimum experience must be as a journeyman. Experience performing standard trade-related procedures. General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment. General knowledge of electrical codes. Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
REQ20040925 Posted Date: 02/28/2017 Apply