Information Technology Services
At Information Technology Services, our goal is to be the university's trusted business partner by creating a culture of exceptional customer service. Bringing together a team of diverse and talented professionals, we provide the central IT services that support USC's schools, hospitals, research centers, and administrative units. Through our recently launched digital transformation initiatives, we aim to develop an environment of continuous service improvement, founded on cross-functional teamwork, industry best practices, innovation, and commitment to the customer experience.
Learning and Development SpecialistApply Workday Training ITS Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC) has established a Workday Financials deployment program covering our academic enterprise as well as our hospitals. This program is critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency. Workday Financials will be paired with the existing Workday HR and Payroll solutions implemented in 2013.
We are currently seeking talented Learning and Development Specialists with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join the Workday Finance Transformation team. As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will be an integral member of the Learning and Development team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.
The Learning and Development Specialist will seek to leverage online training solutions as a baseline approach, and will adhere to USC’s guidelines on remote versus “on premise” learning activities. The primary focus of the training solution is two-fold: 1) ensure impacted users have the skills needed to perform their day-to-day tasks in a new system, and 2) provide a safe learning environment whether that is achieved through online courses or in a classroom setting.
There are two vacancies for this role.
These are a fixed-term positions with an anticipated end date of July 31st, 2021. Please note that these are full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
The Information Technology Services’ (ITS) vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university’s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USC’s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
The candidate for the position of Learning and Development Specialist must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as organizational development, communications, business administration, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of experience in a relevant field such as organizational development, organizational behaviors, communications, information technology, or higher education.
- Experience developing learning and development strategies and curricula.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating training sessions in-person or virtually.
- Demonstrates high energy and self-starter qualities.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and influencing skills, collaboration, problem solving, presentation, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering customer-focused services.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to understand and work with complex systems.
The ideal candidate for the position of Learning and Development Specialist has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as instructional design, organizational development, communications, business administration, etc.
- Four or more years of experience in a relevant field such as organizational development, organizational behaviors, communications, information technology, or higher education.
- Ability to work independently, complete assignments on time and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience creating training plans, curriculum and content related to enterprise-wide system implementations (i.e. Workday, Salesforce, SAP, etc.).
- Proficiency with eLearning tools (i.e. Storyline, Captivate).
- Experience creating in-app training using tools such as WalkMe.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for creating training plans and curricula, designing and developing training content and materials, and determining the most effective instructional methods and tools based on needs assessments to align with ITS’s objectives. The Learning and Development Specialist coordinates and delivers training covering a wide range of topics for large or small groups or one-on-one, either in person, virtually, through eLearning or self-study. The position also collaborates with business partners to design, develop, implement and evaluate training curricula and programs, as well as to measure their results. The Learning and Development Specialist coordinates, tracks and documents training functions, scheduling and facility set-up, legal compliance of training programs, and interaction with outside vendors to meet training needs, all while maintaining knowledge of trends and regulatory changes in the field. As a member of ITS, the Learning and Development Specialist demonstrates ITS values in action.
The Learning and Development Specialist:
- Creates training plans and curricula that align with ITS service objectives. Recommends strategies and tactics to ensure that customers are trained so that systems and process changes are transitioned with a minimum disruption to business operations.
- Designs, develops, evaluates, and updates training content, materials, manuals, tests, and related training aids to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- Determines most effective instructional methods and tools based on needs assessment and/or specified training needs including individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, meetings, eLearning, workshops, refreshers, in-person, virtual, and/or self-study.
- Delivers and/or coordinates training covering a range of topics in areas such as functional, technical, operational, management and leadership, and professional.
- Collaborates with business partners throughout the organization to develop curricula design, implementation and evaluation.
- Evaluates training and development programs and measures results. Modifies training programs when necessary to adapt to business or work environment changes.
- Manages administrative functions necessary to deliver, document, and track training programs, which includes scheduling, employee notification, and arranging facility set-up.
- Prepares and reports on training and delivery and curriculum effectiveness. Ensures legal compliance of programs, as necessary.
- Identifies vendor solutions to help meet business learning requirements and needs. Manages vendor relationships, as assigned.
- Promotes training products and services. Raises awareness of university resources.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current changes within legal, regulatory and technology environments which may affect operations. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of changes and updates in a timely manner.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Supports the vision for Engagement, Culture, and Communications. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for learning and development. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 Years Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience creating robust learning and development strategies, implementing centralized learning content and delivery strategies and systems, and managing self-help and instructor-led training. Experience creating learning and development programs and curricula for large, complex organizations. Experience with and an understanding of large, complex systems. Proven ability to comply with and enforce pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements while managing numerous necessary resources to resolve problems in a timely and effective manner. Experience in change management governance processes and development. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience developing and managing diverse, high-performing teams, providing regular, frequent performance coaching/mentoring, and encouraging effective behavior for individual and team success. Experience developing customer relationships and delivering customer-focused service, understanding and supporting customer needs, and articulating strategies that motivate others to action.
REQ20092875 Posted Date: 09/22/2020 Apply