Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Manager of Signature EventsApply Alumni Association Los Angeles, California
University Advancement's USC Alumni Association (USCAA) is seeking an experienced , collaborative, and enterprising professional for the position, Manager, Signature events.
The Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of assigned events (or assigned portions of larger events) within the broader USCAA Signature Events portfolio which includes, but is not limited to, Alumni Awards, the Alumni Leadership Conference, the Volunteer Recognition Dinner, Football Weekenders, Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, the Women's Conference, Half Century Trojans Hall of Fame Luncheon and Going Back to College Day.
The Manager must be independently creative, able to produce, manage, and support USCAA events and flawlessly execute them. Related skills include: event planning, budgeting, marketing, and fundraising.
The position reports to the Director of Signature Events and works directly with Assistant Director and collaborates regularly with a broad USC Alumni Association staff and University community to coordinate logistical, financial, communications and marketing aspects of USCAA events. This includes providing guidance, and supervision to assigned staff, student workers, and alumni volunteers. The job requires regular evening work and occasional travel and weekend work.
- Plans, implements and manages specific events, activities, projects and/or programs to enhance the public's awareness of the university, or students, faculty, staff and/or alumni of the university. Participates in development of team goals, plans and strategies.
- Plans, writes, edits, produces and presents or distributes event related materials. Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines.
- Ensures timely completion of unit's work.
- Manages program, project and/or event budget(s).
- Develops and produces event related reports for university and/or department use.
- Represents University or department at professional meetings, conferences, seminars and other events. Develops and maintains contacts with University officials, and professional colleagues.
- Negotiates licenses and/or vendor contracts, as assigned.
- Coordinates appropriate use of University and/or department logos, emblems and indicia.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six (6) months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Preferred Field of Expertise:
- Event management, public relations or related field.
- 3 years minimum experience;
- event production;
- experiences providing guidance and supervisor to assigned staff, student workers, and volunteers;
- independently creative;
- event planning
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
$45,000 - $55,000 a year
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
REQ20054440 Posted Date: 02/13/2018 Apply