Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Marketing AssistantApply Los Angeles, California
In order for your application to be considered, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
The Lusk Center for Real Estate at the University of Southern California is seeking a Marketing and Events Coordinator. This is a full-time, one-year (renewable) fixed-term position.
The USC Lusk Center for Real Estate is a university-wide research center, which seeks to advance real estate knowledge, inform business practice, and address timely issues that affect the real estate industry, the urban economy, and public policy. Operating jointly with the Marshall School of Business and the Price School of Public Policy, the Lusk Center produces relevant real estate research, supports educational programs, and convenes professional forums that bring together academics, students, business executives, and community leaders.
The Lusk Marketing and Events Coordinator will transform research and findings into engaging and user-friendly content for multiple audiences and platforms, as well as provide support for the Center’s events and programs. Working in collaboration with the Center’s Marketing Director and other staff, this position will primarily be responsible for all social media, website edits and content development for the purpose of promoting faculty research, Center reports, and public events. This position will also be responsible for accessing and tracking metrics and impact around Center outputs, including publications, media mentions, etc.
The Lusk Marketing and Events Coordinator will also provide programmatic, logistics, and on-site support for Center events, including the USC Casden Multifamily Forecast Conference and the USC Ross Minority Program in Real Estate – a semi-annual executive education program.
Candidates should have an interest in learning about and researching current events related to real estate and urban policy, as well as possess the ability to translate their findings.
- Designs and creates vehicles, tools, and strategies for enhancing and extending communication across all Center programs and activities to expand reach and brand of the Center.
- Coordinates and implements posting schedule for both social media and website.
- Maintains the website, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of postings, and creation of engaging outputs to portray Center research and events.
- Work with Lusk Center team on website redesign plan with web design vendor
- Creates digital invitations and other outputs promoting Center events.
- Leads social media efforts relevant to Center events, including pre-promotion and day-of coverage.
- Provide programmatic, logistics, and on-site support for Center events, including the Ross Minority Program in Real Estate
- Collects relevant metrics to analyze the impact of Center work and outreach
- Evaluates and follows procedures and USC Policy in accordance with communications and branding best practices to ensure quality control and efficiency.
- Researches, prepares and administers budget proposals for marketing purposes, as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains contact with internal and external marketing vendors such as designers, photographers, advertising representatives, media contacts, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or other related field of study; or combination of relevant education and experience
1+ years working in a digital marketing role.
Proficiency in digital marketing and analytic platforms, including email marketing and social media
Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Excellent communication skills
Experience with designing presentations and design software
Experience with real estate or related fields
Understanding of urban policy and/or real estate research
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in business, or other related field of study or combination of relevant education and experience. Minimum Experience: 1+ years working in digital marketing. Minimum Field of Expertise: Education and/or experience in marketing, business administration or related field.
REQ20078384 Posted Date: 08/14/2019 Apply