Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
National Engagement EditorApply Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism Los Angeles, California
The USC Center for Health Journalism at the Annenberg School of Journalism is seeking a National Engagement Editor to serve as a thought leader in one of the most innovative and rewarding arenas in journalism today – “engaged reporting” that puts the community at the center of the reporting process. The person in this new role will provide support to reporters and their non-profit partners as they collaborate on community-focused engagement efforts.
The engagement editor mentors and supports reporters, their news organizations, and community partners in communities across the country who are affiliated principally with our National Fellowship and other grant programs. The successful candidate will help participants design an engaged journalism process that center community questions, experiences, and ideas for solutions to produce reporting with greater local impact, informing journalism that reflects community concerns and priorities. The Engagement Editor travels throughout the country to support newsrooms with on-the-ground engagement in their communities. This role calls for someone who is enterprising, organized and creative, who will keep up with community engagement approaches, and who is skilled in project and event facilitation management.
The annual base salary range for this position is $65,000- $75,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Applications should be submitted via usccarreers.usc.edu and should include the following:
- A cover letter (Our system will allow you to add additional documentation by clicking the “upload” button in the same section where you attach your resume.)
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week), grant-funded staff position
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff and their family; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, transit subsidy program, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
About the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Located in Los Angeles at the University of Southern California, the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism is a national leader in education and scholarship in the fields of communication, journalism, public diplomacy and public relations. With an enrollment of more than 2,200 students, USC Annenberg offers doctoral, master's and bachelor's degree programs, as well as continuing development programs for working professionals across a broad scope of academic inquiry. The school's comprehensive curriculum emphasizes the core skills of leadership, innovation, service and entrepreneurship and draws upon the resources of a networked university located in the media capital of the world. For additional information, see our website: https://annenberg.usc.edu/.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in developing and conducting training classes. Development of instructional materials.
REQ20115419 Posted Date: 12/15/2022 Apply
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.Start matchingto jobs with your LinkedIn account
Recently added jobs
- Associate Professor of Interactive Media and Games - Themed Entertainment Los Angeles, California REQ20131412
- RN Clinical - 6S Telemetry Organ Transplant - Full Time 12 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Union) Los Angeles, California REQ20131488
- RN Clinical - Float Pool Telemetry - Full Time 12 Hour Nights (Non-Exempt) (Union) Los Angeles, California REQ20131471