Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Office CoordinatorApply Viterbi School of Engineering Los Angeles, California
The Viterbi School of Engineering Information Technology Program seeks a Department Administrator to join its team of faculty, staff and students. This position reports to the ITP Director and its purpose is to provide general support for the daily operations of the program.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Support and report directly to the Program Director
- Perform all front desk administrative duties including:
- Act as a point of contact for all guests who come to the office and or reach out via phone and email
- Oversee front desk student workers, who will assist with administrative duties
- Ensure that computers at the front desk are operational
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and restock items as needed
- Manage scheduling process for all ITP courses each semester, working with the Office of Classroom Scheduling and the Registrar as needed
- Manage ITP rooms for outside scheduling requests
- Manage and maintain a key inventory for ITP offices and computer labs
- Maintain alarm codes for each ITP lab. Perform programming of alarms as needed.
- Manage and maintain software inventory and requests. Track all software needed for classes and for faculty use. Work with Viterbi IT to make sure that all requests are processed and work with the Business Manager to ensure that all necessary software is renewed each year
- Maintain relationships with preferred vendors and onboard additional vendors with the University as required for program projects
- Manage ITP’s marketing and promotional materials
- Forecast demand for future orders
- Coordinate the design and order processes
- Manage the distribution of ITP’s promotional items
- Plan and organize all ITP retreats and other ITP departmental events. Assist faculty and staff with any event they may be hosting as necessary
- Provide historical data and projections relating to office, event, recruitment, and travel expenditures for use in developing program budgets
- Attend meetings (Viterbi Faculty Affairs, Viterbi Events Protocol Workshop, Viterbi Events Council, etc.) as a representative of ITP to stay informed of University practices for hiring, onboarding, displacing, etc.
- Manage check dispersals for student workers and part-time lecturers. Coordinate with HR as necessary
- Manage ITP Loaner Device Program. Coordinate weekly status checks on loaned devices
- Act as departmental liaison to Advanced Alarms, USC Housekeeping, Facilities Management Services, and Transportation Services. Maintain and update standing Internal Requisitions with these departments as needed
- Draft New Initiative Request and Facility Request forms as needed
- Work with Viterbi IT to ensure that proper equipment is available to support ITP labs
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Program Director
A complete application should include a cover letter and resume/CV uploaded to the completed online application. Failure to complete all the steps of our application process will negatively impact consideration of your candidacy.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience
REQ20101468 Posted Date: 06/09/2021 Apply